Next Gen Mazda2 stuff

I'm excited at the prospect of a new Mazda2 but it'll be a shame that the US-bound cars will be assembled in Mexico and not Hiroshima.

I especially like this part:

"Returning to the next edition of Mazda's B-segment sedan and hatchback range, its shared architecture means this model will be able to share multiple modules and powertrains with the existing Mazda6/Atenza and CX-5 as well as the next Mazda3/Axela."

I might be pessimistic, but I just took it as it will have a skyactiv platform and the part about shared drivetrains could be wishfull thinking.

I especially like this part:

"Returning to the next edition of Mazda's B-segment sedan and hatchback range, its shared architecture means this model will be able to share multiple modules and powertrains with the existing Mazda6/Atenza and CX-5 as well as the next Mazda3/Axela."

Motorswaps!

A skyD engine would be crazy in a 2 sized chassis.

Derrick

I am also considering a second 2 because of this, I love this car and am sad to see the Japanese built version gone after this year.
I can get a touring 5speed for under 15k. Though a Mazda5 manual is now selling for 17.2K which is also tempting.
Glad to hear i'm not that crazy for possibly having two Mazda2s.

All I want is a Mazdaspeed2. If Mazda ever decides to make a Mazdaspeed2 then the first place I'm going is the dealership to place an order.

One commenter made a good point; I don't think I've ever seen a guy drive a Fiesta.

The guy across the street from me has one, but for what it's worth he does happen to be gay. (And like 80, he and his late partner were actually famous gay rights campaigners back in like the '50s and '60s.)

I've seen quite a few guys driving Fiestas. Somewhat masculine ones..haha

Only seen 1 guy in a Mazda 2 though :/ (out of about 50) and I believe it may be his wife's.

I'm always looking to share that same car respect thumbs up thing when i run up on to another Mazda 2 but it's always...

A: Old Lady
B: Old Man
C: Teen Girl
D: Teen Boy

And never, ever a hooked up Mazda 2.

You should visit SoCal, I've seen a few besides my own.

Speaking of which, I live near the east end of Mulholland Dr., and was taking it to classes a couple times a week at UCLA for a while recently. One night, I was almost totally out of gas, and right as I was getting to my end of Mulholland an obviously modded 2 came by going the other way at a decent pace. I really wanted to go after him, but couldn't thanks the empty tank.

Back