mp5_tunerx said:
its looks liek your on progressive springs...that the same low as mine..i think well welcome to teh fourm...that suck you had to replace that =[ i think my wastegate is being retarded...[/QUOTE

funny you say that about your wastegate b/c my service advisor at Mazda told me it was common knowledge that the waste gate acts up..ummm
maybe a design flaw?

yeah i gonna cure my msp! soon i hope !!!

another thing is when the car is hot you dont get like much power when it cooler ahha i found that out today =\

good luck with your car, i love mine already,....now i need to make it a bit quicker hahah!

theEZV said:
u prolly have the falken "factory tuned" springs

O.k....I gotta clear it up the struts are blue, springs are red and say racing beat on them. Sooo not sure why it sits so much lower if in fact thats factory parts?

grlracerr said:
O.k....I gotta clear it up the struts are blue, springs are red and say racing beat on them. Sooo not sure why it sits so much lower if in fact thats factory parts?

maybe they settled...or your tokicos are blown in the back...and you said you have the 3.5 gunmetal rims...did you change them from the ones in the pic? the ones in the pic are clearly the silver stocker 03's

does your car bounce alot? if it does i think the struts are blown? correct me if i am wrong...mine are stiff as hell i feel every bump =\

grlracerr said:
Hi,
I just wanted to make a quick intro about myself. My name is Staci,I'm from S.W. FL. Recently I purchased an 03' MSP with 40k miles on it.
I have always been a HONDA driver yet my father is a rotary mechanic..lol.
I really like the way that the MSP drives,handles, looks and sounds...but since my purchase I have had to replace the engine,EGR valve,wastegate,& tranny.Still I love my MAZDA!

There's nothing sexier than a Mazda Girl!

grlracerr said:
Okay, wait -- now I'm confused.

I thought you said earlier that BOTH the struts and the springs are blue?

This is what the MSP comes with stock: Tokico Blue struts (which are colored blue) and Racing Beat springs (which are colored red).

So if THAT is what is CURRENTLY on your car .. then I have no idea why it looks lowered, other than what somebody already suggested, that the previous owner cut the springs. And if THAT'S the case, I highly recommend getting yourself some new springs. Cutting is no solution for lowering your car!

And trust me, if your struts were blown, you'd know it .. There'd be fluid leaking all over and the car would just move like total crap.

I think it looks lowerd because it looks like she has a 35 series tire on the rims maybe?

Rush said:
Okay, wait -- now I'm confused.

I thought you said earlier that BOTH the struts and the springs are blue?

This is what the MSP comes with stock: Tokico Blue struts (which are colored blue) and Racing Beat springs (which are colored red).

So if THAT is what is CURRENTLY on your car .. then I have no idea why it looks lowered, other than what somebody already suggested, that the previous owner cut the springs. And if THAT'S the case, I highly recommend getting yourself some new springs. Cutting is no solution for lowering your car!

And trust me, if your struts were blown, you'd know it .. There'd be fluid leaking all over and the car would just move like total crap.

Yes...thats currently on the car and I made the mistake of thinking they were both blue( I was wrong) it's all factory and the struts arn't blown and honestly the car handles really nicely....no bouncing or rough riding. The dealer did put new tires on the car and from looking at others mine does sit lower..I just thought that was how MSP's sat. ALSO to clarify the rims they are the orginal racing hart ones not the gunmetal rims from 03 5....(silver in color). So after being completly confussed and confussing all of you I'm sorry.:confused:

Its cool don't sweat it. We are just glad to have you as part of the mazda community, and it doesn't help much that we are obsessed with modding our cars. So if someone has something done we must know!

Back