new small suv's with flash

:
2016.5 CX-5 Sport
New rav 4 out and it is has exceptional lines on it. Others are implementing them and Mazda is taking it away. 2014 the CX-5 had looks above others easily. What is Mazda doing? Sad that a really fun to drive, better than the rest in class imo is going backwards. If they don't put the 2.5t in the CX-5 isn't going to keep selling.

New rav 4 out and it is has exceptional lines on it. Others are implementing them and Mazda is taking it away. 2014 the CX-5 had looks above others easily. What is Mazda doing? Sad that a really fun to drive, better than the rest in class imo is going backwards. If they don't put the 2.5t in the CX-5 isn't going to keep selling.

Sorry, i think Toyota has been going the wrong way for years with their vehicles. The front grill on the new Rav 4 is not as ugly as other Toyota and Lexus, but body lines are boring. I love what Mazda has done with the CX-5 and other vehicles.

And statistic wise the 17 and 18 are kicking ass. So many of us are buying new even without the 2.5T - I don't think your statements accurately reflect what is actually happening.

<EDIT - boring comment was about current selling version - had not seen the new one - still ugly grill as on all other Toyota products>

Last edited:
You could at least show a pic of the new RAV4, slacker. :D
sgcgzrtzswjenzvp9huw.jpg

Wow. I think that's a huge improvement. And much like Mazda I think it looks way more aggressive. This, to me, seems like Toyota following Mazda a bit...
I think ya' kinda' got it backwards. :D

sgcgzrtzswjenzvp9huw.jpg

Wow. I think that's a huge improvement. And much like Mazda I think it looks way more aggressive. This, to me, seems like Toyota following Mazda a bit...

That almost reminds me of a Subaru Outback or Forester in looks. Wheels kinda like a Crosstrek.

Definitely an improvement though over the last RAV4, but still not my cup of tea.

Count me on the side that thinks Mazda went backwards a bit with their Gen 2 design. I don't hate everything about it, but there is a Gen 2 CX-5 in the office parking lot now, and every time I see that overbite of the hood and gigantic chrome piece, I throw up in my mouth a little (ok not really, but it looks just bad to me).

sgcgzrtzswjenzvp9huw.jpg

Ah, OK. I was looking at currently selling. I still don't like the grill, but looks better then the direction the RAV 4 was going. Yes, Toyota does appear to be following Mazda on this.

I think the new RAV4 is not pretty at all and has the lines of a truck, especially from the front. Since I put most emphasis on performance, I'd probably grow to accept the looks. JMO. Ed

There are two front ends. The one pictured is the off road front end. You can easily find the pics so don't get all butt hurt for not linking 7

There are two front ends. The one pictured is the off road front end. You can easily find the pics so don't get all butt hurt for not linking 7

The other front end is just as fugly..... same thing Toyota has been doing for a few years now. Sorry, i don't get it. I hate most Lexus and Toyota from the last few years because of what they are doing to the front.

have to give toyota credit for making the rav4 look good both inside and out
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/2019-toyota-rav4-suv-new-york-auto-show-awd/16/
still all depends on the drive quality though, CVTs..ehh

and hey it has android auto / apple car play
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/2019-toyota-rav4-suv-new-york-auto-show-awd/26/
hope this means mazda will follow suit

The profile looks good, as does the rear. So definitely better looking then past gens.

Just teasing ya here, bro. Not "butthurt". If I was, you'd know it. ;)

Looks like every other hyundai/Ford/subaru now. Before it was unique and awful. Now it is the same and bland.

i'm liking the pano moonroof and cooled seats. you know though i bet the top of the line model is still gonna be above 37k though.

Sorry, i think Toyota has been going the wrong way for years with their vehicles. The front grill on the new Rav 4 is not as ugly as other Toyota and Lexus, but body lines are boring. I love what Mazda has done with the CX-5 and other vehicles.

And statistic wise the 17 and 18 are kicking ass. So many of us are buying new even without the 2.5T - I don't think your statements accurately reflect what is actually happening.

<EDIT - boring comment was about current selling version - had not seen the new one - still ugly grill as on all other Toyota products>
(uhm)

Last time I checked, the statistic is still showing Mazda CX-5's US sales figures are at the bottom batch of compact CUV sales. In fact, Toyota RAV4 is still outselling Mazda CX-5 at least twice as many with older model. The only good news is Mazda CX-5 finally passed Subaru Forester on sales volume so far this year.

Compact CUVs
US Sales
(to February)
February
Toyota RAV4407,59456,52229,867
Nissan Rogue403,46574,30338,119
Honda CR-V377,89550,17825,852
Ford Escape308,29638,98021,033
Chevrolet Equinox290,45850,45824,053
Subaru Outback188,88627,30014,021
Subaru Forester177,56322,48811,640
Jeep Cherokee169,88226,84612,225