New shop in Addison I'll to get your Mazda tuned

flyinspeed6

:
Mazdaspeed 3
Boostin proformence in Addison he tuned my car with a street tune. Did a great job. 125$ a hour to tune. I know the tuner personally and he is a good guy you can trust.

Do they carry parts for our cars as well? Might stop by.

How long does he take? Significantly better than Cobb OTS maps?

He can order what ever part yout want for the most part. Also yes his tunes are pro tunes. The ots maps suck. I would never put one on my car

Google'd them they're between North Ave and Army Trail. Seems like a relatively new shop that specialized in Mitsu.

Was planning to get tuned by P&L (recommended by many local MS guys) but if Boostn is a better deal I'll go there instead. Still waiting for parts to be full bolt-on.

Do not tune at P&L. They do not know MS at all. They screwed one of the M247 locals over pretty bad.

As for the Cobb OTS maps they are a starting point. Get ATR, start logging, and tune yourself. ATR has gotten extremely easy to work with over the last few updates and there is a great wealth of knowledge on the forums. If all else there are some e-tuner's via the net that aren't overly expensive and are a good source. You just log data, email them with it and they will update your maps as required based on your mods.

Last edited:
Also, for parts check in with Ken at Protege Garage. He's local and a great source of knowledge when it comes to Mazda's. I've gotten all of my parts through him except the AP which I bought off of a local M247 member.

Was the member who was screwed a silver MS3? Met him at a JDMC meet last year and had nothing but praise. I'm still reading up on ATR but fear the dreaded zoom zoom boom. Still looking for whoever has FP internals in stock. Loved PG back in 07 when they had a shop... shipping takes forever :(.

Was the member who was screwed a silver MS3? Met him at a JDMC meet last year and had nothing but praise. I'm still reading up on ATR but fear the dreaded zoom zoom boom. Still looking for whoever has FP internals in stock. Loved PG back in 07 when they had a shop... shipping takes forever :(.

Nope he had a black MS3. They screwed him over big time. ATR isn't as scary as you might think. Take some time and use the forums for feedback. It's a powerful tool that is getting more and more user friendly with each update. The other option I mentioned is e-tuning. Cobb offers the service, and so do several other people using ATR. It's cheaper than hitting up a shop and you don't have to lose your car for a day. As for PG, Ken's still local. I've never had an issue with shipping but that's more because I pick most of what I bought up from Ken direct. If I remember correctly PG did have FP internals in stock recently. I don't know if they still do, but shoot Ken an email and he should be able to let you know fast.

Re: P&L TUNING

That was another local. For what its worth he has since fully built the motor and turned it himself using ATR. His car is now scary fast, and P&L's tune is no longer on the car. I was not impressed with thier responce to his enging blowing at the time, and nothing has changed my opinion since then. Maybe you met him before his engine went?

Also, I should point out that they were briefly an authorized vendor here, but they chose not to renew their vendor status. Seems that the MS3/6 platform is not a very big part of their business. In htat case I can understand their desire to move on and not waste time with us, just save yourself the hassle and don't waste your time (and money) with them.

Last edited:
Back