New Product from PAC will allow you to retain AC control w/ aftermarket radio & more

joshc111

New Product from PAC will allow you to retain AC control w/ aftermarket radio & more

PAC Audio now has new harness with CAN-BUS integration to allow you to do so, along with plug and play for after market stereos for SWC. I am going to call them next week and see if I can't get someone technical on the phone to discuss this product further.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1142&CategoryID=26

Product Description
An all in one radio replacement and SWC interface, the innovative new RadioPRO4 comes pre-loaded with amplifier retention and SWC software, navigation based output signals and other features that save time and money during installation.

Product Features
Pre-programmed retention of Steering Wheels Controls (SWC)
Works with non-amplified, Bose digital and premium audio systems
Retains A/C in 2010+ Mazda CX-9
In vehicle menu using the OE LCD and SWC
Allows the clock to be set without having to plug in the OE radio
Information on the OE LCD can be changed to MPG, estimated miles to empty, etc. without having to connect the OE radio
User Programmable text to be display during normal operation
User Programmable Bose Digital Amplified settings
Gain
Fader
Surround sound settings
Field updatable using the PAC-UP
Includes Plug & Play Harness
Retains Rear Seat Entertainment
Radio Outputs
ACC
Illumination
VSS
Parking Brake
Reverse

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5j_YoWsx48w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Update 11/29/2012 -

I was able to get the RP4-MZ11 wired up to the head unit last night. I plan on installing it this weekend after I get the kit to install my amp and sub. I figured I would post some photos, though not very good ones, of the RP4-MZ11 wired to my JVC head unit.

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

Update - Here is the finished install. I am uploading the Youtube Video now. When it's done, I'll post it as well. Everything went off with out a hitch. The device works. Sometimes it can be a little tempermental, but that fact that it works is great!
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Last edited:
If you get this and can get the clock to work without connecting the old radio please let us know. The price is not bad for the product if it works.

If you get this and can get the clock to work without connecting the old radio please let us know. The price is not bad for the product if it works.

I just bought the JVC KW-AV70BT and the adapter. I will report back when installed with photos etc.

Did you by chance have the Factory OEM rear camera installed? If so, is that compatible with the aftermarket unit? My wife and I just bought our 2012 CX-9 GT, and it has every option but NAV. Obviously we don't want to swap out the stereo and lose the backup camera if at all possible.

Also, the adapter says it works with the Bose system. Did you have the bose system installed? If so, how much of a difference did the head unit swap make?

this is good deal, I already got my aftermarket stereo done and to add another $120 plus labor to get the clock setting, and info function back, for me it may not be worth it. i wish they had this when I got my system installed

Did this retain your bluetooth fundtion on steering wheel, if you have any?

Last edited:
Did you by chance have the Factory OEM rear camera installed? If so, is that compatible with the aftermarket unit? My wife and I just bought our 2012 CX-9 GT, and it has every option but NAV. Obviously we don't want to swap out the stereo and lose the backup camera if at all possible.

Also, the adapter says it works with the Bose system. Did you have the bose system installed? If so, how much of a difference did the head unit swap make?

I have the factory Rear View Camera that is mounted in the rear view mirror. I did not have the bose. I have a sport model.

The blue tooth buttons work in that they can be assigned to what ever function you want for the aftermarket stereo. If the after market stereo supports answer / hangup etc, you can program them as such, or it may already be preprogramed to.

I'm considering getting one of the PAC RP4-MZ11 units for my CX-9. I used a different product of theirs a while back to install a head unit into my wife's VW with monsoon and had good results.

Do you have any further observations/reactions now that you've had this for a few months? Would you install it again the same way, or opt for a different option?

Thanks.

I'm considering getting one of the PAC RP4-MZ11 units for my CX-9. I used a different product of theirs a while back to install a head unit into my wife's VW with monsoon and had good results.

Do you have any further observations/reactions now that you've had this for a few months? Would you install it again the same way, or opt for a different option?

Thanks.

+1

So just to be clear...
Does your OEM reverse camera work with your aftermarket receiver?
Could you use your OEM microphone? Because it looked like you installed the aftermarket microphone.

Last edited:
+1

So just to be clear...
Does your OEM reverse camera work with your aftermarket receiver?
Could you use your OEM microphone? Because it looked like you installed the aftermarket microphone.
I am also wondering. I have been holding off on getting an aftermarket deck because I dont want to lose the OEM camera and Mic

how do you program the clock with this? Will it still display station info?
Thanks
2011 Mazda 6 Manual

It doesn't display any station info, as it is only one way communication to the stereo. The stereo has no idea about can bus commands. You program the clock with a series of button pushes from you steering wheel controls.

There is a very STRAIGHTFORWARD way of setting the clock for whatever aftermarket radios or harness you put in. Simply DISCONNECT the battery at 12:55 (am or pm doesn't matter), and reconnect it at exactly 1:00. Problem solved!

Back