New problem timing belt issue fixed( now no start) long post please help

Johnoolo

:
2003.5 mazda speed protg
Last night when I tried to start my speed protg it cranked and ran like crap it was shredding the timing belt. Today when I turned it over it would turn over and turn over and turn over, but not start there was this puff of air coming from the intake manifold kind of smelled like gas. ( on the left side if the intake manifold it is kind of hidden vacuum port) doesn't explain why the car cranked last night and ran until it shredded the timing belt tho.

First question is on everyone else's speed what do you have connected to the vacuum port under the intake manifold.

And the next problem when I push the clutch in and try to start the car it it doesn't activate the starter I simply here the switch on the passenger side of the car clicking, but I found if I'd lock and unlock the car from the key fob multiple times it would eventually turn over
This stopped working

I lined the timing marks up on the sprockets and the crank mark all were even ( I took the pully off and everything) is it possible it's 180 degrees out If so How since I lined the marks all up like the service manual says.

Which port on the intake manifold? It sounds like the timing belt isn't lined up correctly if it won't start. You can try to reset the alarm with the small button under the dash on the driver's side, that may help with the starter issue. It could also be the starter solenoid not engaging the starter.

No I fixed it, It was the ports that had ahose from the upper to lower intake and I made abother rookie mistake on the timing belt and had to take it a part again. I'm pretty good at the timing belts now haha

Back