New Option for Fog Replacement - Wipac

MazdaSpeeder

:
Protege5 (5-spd)
So, I've wanted to get rid of the crappy stock fogs for a long time...they're useless and they look useless with that cat's eye lense. Catz fogs seem to be the best, but they're unavailable, and many of the ebay sets I was just not happy with. And, I didn't want to pay $100+ for Hellas or something like that. Then I found these:

wipac22.jpg

They're made by a British Company called Wipac and the model I purchased is the 6007 driving lamps. They have fogs as well. I got them really cheap at around $60 for the set, but if you have to buy them from GB, they're going to be more like $75 with shipping. Still, they have a metal outer case and I was able to rewire them to the stock fog harness without a lot of effort. I did also have to fab a bracket using some corner braces and a little hardware, but no biggie. I need a brighter bulb, but they already do more and look a lot better than the stockers IMO. Here are a few more pics:

6007-1.jpg

6007-2.jpg

6007-3.jpg

6007-4.jpg

Sorry the Wipac light has condensation on it in the first pic, but it's pretty easy to see in the last pic. The middle two pics show the difference in the stock fogs vs the wipacs. I would definitely recommend these as an aesthetic and functional replacement to the stock fogs. Feel free to ask me any questions about them or the install.

Attachments

• wipac22.jpg
    wipac22.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Wipac 6007-2.JPG
    Wipac 6007-2.JPG
    763.5 KB · Views: 141
  • WIpac 6007-3.JPG
    WIpac 6007-3.JPG
    908.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Wipac 6007-1.jpg
    Wipac 6007-1.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Any output shots? They look to be a driving/spot light more than a foglight

They are, but there's a fog version as well. I still have a little adjusting to do as far as the aim, but I'll try to get some pics up in the next day or so.

Sounds good! Glad to find a semi cheap replacement for guys with cracked fogs (vs trying to find a set of Catz)

Says he used an L bracket

Probably bolted that to the stock location and mounted the fogs on the lower L portion

as to wiring, just clip the connector from your busted foglight and splice it onto these

Says he used an L bracket

Probably bolted that to the stock location and mounted the fogs on the lower L portion

Exactly.

As for wiring, I actually disconnected the ground from the stock fogs and then threaded it inside the Wipac body and attached it to a grounding tab inside the light. The H3 bulb wire plugged right into the stock harness. and then I wrapped the connection outside the light with electric tape.

Back