new msp owner

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
im new to site and just bought my first msp a few weeks ago. its a 2003.5 with 127k on it. everything is completely stock exept for exhaust. if anyone has any tips to what i should do and what not do to it would be very helpful,thanks heres a few pics of it

2nba8m0.jpg

r79eon.jpg

nice, don't up the boost until you have supporting mods and a TUNE!! Be nice to the transmission( no launches or burnouts) or you will be stuck on the side of the road and paying for a new differential. Upgrade motor mounts , WGA, replace your rear swaybar bushings if they sqeak and look for the "clunk fix". What are your plans for the car? Add some bolt ons, SSAFC, if the car has the stock DP still, look at getting the PEP downpipe. and of course, you can never go wrong with upgrading the suspension. Just browse through the MSP section, you will learn a lot about the car.

oh yeah, welcome to the forum

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. What he said. lol

nice, don't up the boost until you have supporting mods and a TUNE!! Be nice to the transmission( no launches or burnouts) or you will be stuck on the side of the road and paying for a new differential. Upgrade motor mounts , WGA, replace your rear swaybar bushings if they sqeak and look for the "clunk fix". What are your plans for the car? Add some bolt ons, SSAFC, if the car has the stock DP still, look at getting the PEP downpipe. and of course, you can never go wrong with upgrading the suspension. Just browse through the MSP section, you will learn a lot about the car.

oh yeah, welcome to the forum

thanks, so far i ordered black lugs for it,tinting windows next week sometime and a few small things, i want to eventually get motor mounts,swap the original piping out,run boost gauge,tune,get some rims,headlights and taillights when i get the cash saved up,. i'll take some engine pics tomorrow when suns out

Nice man. Get depo lights and retrofit them. And oem tails are the way to go. And fmic ftw

Nice and clean so far. rare to fine them without a bunch of stuff done to them already. Let me know if you have any questions or are looking for some mods check us out. CorkSport.com

I love corksport too. Got some motor mount inserts from them and they are amazing. Welcome to the forums and let the headaches begin :)

Mods that are absolutely necessary- AWR mounts, SSAFC, FMIC!

I am new as well, joined today. I only have a AEM cai. Got the Corksport frount mount intercooler kit in the house, waiting for thier 3 inch exhaust. Should be shipping tommorrow. Love the car and can't wait for the mods, just need some motor mounts. I drive a 2003, Black Mica. #6.

Thanks, just checked out your facebook page, nice! Been looking for a protege following on there.

I am new as well, joined today. I only have a AEM cai. Got the Corksport frount mount intercooler kit in the house, waiting for thier 3 inch exhaust. Should be shipping tommorrow. Love the car and can't wait for the mods, just need some motor mounts. I drive a 2003, Black Mica. #6.
Get an SSAFC... Seriously... It will make a huge difference!

Back