New MS6 Mustang Dyno Results

Fede_italiano said:
The STI dyno shows 222 WHP if I saw correctly.
That is 78HP loss or 35%.
. . . .

Whoops, a little slow on the uptake and missed the base run / test run difference. Wait a minute, that means the MS6 HP is UNDER-rated, right? 290 HP making the big assumption that all things are equal with the STi dyno. Maybe they did learn from the RX-8 debacle.

seanw said:
Whoops, a little slow on the uptake and missed the base run / test run difference. Wait a minute, that means the MS6 HP is UNDER-rated, right? 290 HP making the big assumption that all things are equal with the STi dyno. Maybe they did learn from the RX-8 debacle.

Every dyno that I have seen for the MS6 has shown that Mazda has under-rated the hp and really, really under-rated the torque. There are quite a few dynos showing 300+ torque.

A mustang dyno is probably the lowest reading dyno out there. A stock Legacy GT (250 crank hp) usually dynos in the 190/190 range.

Data from another 6 forum. Thank Crossbow for the compilation work. DJET = Dynojet, DPAK = Dynopak, MUST = Mustang, ENG = Engine dyno.

R

06 Speed6 + HKS BOV (DJET 246/299)
06 Speed6 + CPE Intake (DPAK 233/288)
06 Speed6 Stock Baseline [RRI] (ENG 262/288)
06 Speed6 Stock Baseline (MUST 229/263)
06 Speed6 Stock Baseline (MUST 222/249)
06 Speed6 + VTA BOV (MUST 171/197)
06 Speed6 + AEM Intake [AEM] vs Stock Speed6 (DJET 212/266)
06 Speed6 + CPE Catback [CPE] vs Stock (DJET 246/280)
06 Speed6 + CPE Intake [CPE] vs Stock (DJET 232/264)
06 Speed6 + AEM Intake (MUST 243/272)

Last edited:
06 Speed6 Stock Baseline (MUST 213/240)

Mustang Dyno = MUST
Dynojet Dyno = DJET
Dynopak Dyno = DPAK

[Insert Company Name] =Dyno'd by manufacturer and not an owner.

Added another one. If anyone wants to see graphs (I saved them all to 6tech's server)
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=52

There isn't really any discussion there, just graphs and data for people to look at. I'd put it on the main page if I wasn't so ffin lazy.

Why does this guy keep saying the MS3 will have 267 horse? The e-mail we got from MNAO two days ago, that officially announced build packages said it was putting out 250hp and 280tq....

speaking of overstated HP. Isn't the FS-DE rated to be like 130 crank hp but actual wheel hp is under 100 or right at 100 whp?

That's about right for the FS-DE... I think the MS6 feels pretty close to the advertised HP.

seanw, thanks for the correction. CX7 figues are based on 91 octane. My intention was to give you an idea of potential design limitations that may drove the desicion to limit the torque on the MS3.

Crossbow and Rainman, great information. Thank you for sharing that with us! Data speak by itself...

Puck,

Probably because the people that spoke with mazda were quoted 267 from a japanese mazdaspeed engineer. I've seen the spec sheet's myself, and its "at least" 260 bhp on the spec sheet.

Drive the damned car.... Feel good? Like the acceleration? Quit your bitchin' about "horsepower" numbers, and go driving!!!!

Lt. Dan said:
Drive the damned car.... Feel good? Like the acceleration? Quit your bitchin' about "horsepower" numbers, and go driving!!!!

Well said Lt. Dan. One drive (make sure it is filled with 93 octane!) and most of the naysayers will be satisfied.

R

Puckpimp71 said:
Why does this guy keep saying the MS3 will have 267 horse? The e-mail we got from MNAO two days ago, that officially announced build packages said it was putting out 250hp and 280tq....

Little fishy, ain't it? 250/280? Puts out 24 less HP than the MS6 but the same amount of torque? If it puts out 280 tq that's all I need to know.

Lt. Dan does speak the truth, but the dynos help by serving as a BS meter, especially where mods are concerned.

Last edited:
seanw said:
Little fishy, ain't it? 250/280? Puts out 24 less HP than the MS6 but the same amount of torque? If it puts out 280 tq that's all I need to know.

Lt. Dan does speak the truth, but the dynos help by serving as a BS meter, especially where mods are concerned.

Also good point seanw. By posting these numbers right from the start before all the modding really gets into swing we can establish a fairly accurate baseline, and establish an "expected" range for mods of each type.

R

crossbow said:
Puck,

Probably because the people that spoke with mazda were quoted 267 from a japanese mazdaspeed engineer. I've seen the spec sheet's myself, and its "at least" 260 bhp on the spec sheet.

Just to confirm this, http://www.mazda.com/publicity/release/200606/0606.html lists the MS Axela power rating as 194 kw which translates to 260.16 hp. I suppose the US spec MS3 could have a lower rating, maybe due to different emissions standards or some such. But, FWIW, the MS Atenza is rated at 200 kw or 268 hp, 6 hp less than the MS6 274 SAE net.

Last edited:
FYI for the first post. The California Dyno was done on 91 octane. It's the best we can get here in California.

Back