New Mazda5 owner, general Mazda questions

Thank you for the reply. The amount I drive and my style of driving I shouldn’t notice a difference. I never go over the speed limit and I drive conservatively. These newer rims would look good on the Mazda5 and I could always sell the tires.

I have a feeling all four of my rims are bent it’s just that two really need to be replaced. Then a junkyard rim might have the same issue, lots of unknowns. Still I can get away with tire shops since I have “stock” mazda oem wheels. They will never notice. I don’t have all the money right now for rims and tires but like you said I can have them mounted on what I have. I found some Turanza tires for $130 a piece in this size. If I had the extra money I would just do it and seep better at night not thinking about it all the time.

I’m currently working on the lock settings. I’m going to mess with that later today. I want the doors to stay locked at all times not unlock when I put it in park. Lots of crazy people and robberies. I only want them unlocked when I need them unlocked.
Looks like that might be setting #2

Attachments

• 1519CCC0-AC29-4C19-B436-07B7C5EC723A.png
    1519CCC0-AC29-4C19-B436-07B7C5EC723A.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 80
  • A99D3D9B-FBE8-404B-82BA-8A8FB8987A2E.png
    A99D3D9B-FBE8-404B-82BA-8A8FB8987A2E.png
    79 KB · Views: 69
Me again. Thanks for helping me out. I came across these really nice rims from a Mazda 3. They are almost 5 hours away but are in really good shape. I might just go up and get these. Tire size is the same as mine. Looks like an easy swap. Comes with tpms sensors, are they plug and play or will mine from the existing rims need to be swapped? Also, if I sold my set with the two bent how much do you think I could get out of them? I’m thinking I could probably sell mine for $200.

Me again. Thanks for helping me out. I came across these really nice rims from a Mazda 3. They are almost 5 hours away but are in really good shape. I might just go up and get these. Tire size is the same as mine. Looks like an easy swap. Comes with tpms sensors, are they plug and play or will mine from the existing rims need to be swapped? Also, if I sold my set with the two bent how much do you think I could get out of them? I’m thinking I could probably sell mine for $200.

$450 for rims and tires is a great deal. Good deals like this don't last long. Meet up, check the rims for cracks/bends and grab them before they're gone. Just remember, private seller so no guarantees or refunds usually.

No one's gonna buy the whole set with 2 bent rims.
Take the bents to junkyard, and sell the 2 good ones...maybe $50 to $80 a piece if you really want to sell them otherwise they're gonna sit in your garage. I'd post em for $50 but that's me. you could always try for $80 then reduce the price every week by $10 til they're sold.

And my CX-5 sensors were plug and play. Just had to drive down the road for several miles. But can't guarantee that will happen with yours

I made a 4.5 hour trip(9 total) for a set of BBS rims off eBay and it was worth it.

EDIT: or keep and use/slide the bent rims under car for safety support if you're jack/jackstands fail.

Last edited:
Back