New Magnaflow Exhaust question

Armyguy1104

:
06 MS6 GT
Whats up guys... Quick question. Not sure if anyone else has done it yet since there are no posts concerning it but I just purchased and had installed the magnaflow catback exhaust system. Sounds good but I have one issue, when I release the clutch without giving it gas, especially in reverse, there seems to be a little knocking sound from the back like the muffler/ pipes don't fit right. Curious if anyone else has experienced this and if it is do to the plastic piece on the back bumper. Reason why I would suspect this is do to the tips that were "fixed" being gone and now the actual pipe is running through the plastic openings. At least those fake chrome tips are gone....one minor bonus. By the way its a real deep sound (I cant take audio or video do to no camera right now but the video on their site is accurate enough) and have yet to have any backfiring noise like I did with the mazda 3 magnaflow catback system.

I think you pegged it. Maybe at low frequencies the pipes are rattling around in the plastic.

Did you reuse the stock hangers? Perhaps using Kartboy hangers will hold them firmly in place.

I've had mine on for 3 weeks now.

The shop noticed the wiggle and mounted another hanger from the exit side of the muffler to an unused hole right above it in the unibody, and then tackwelded it to the exit pipe while holding the tip center in the rear fascia.

It seems as though the RH side was more the problem than the LH side. I've had no problems with rattling.

I love the sound!

I dont have this exhaust yet, but just had one ordered by an otherized dealer and should be here in like 2 weeks. I can let u know then.

The kit comes with hangers so I dont think he reused the stock ones. I had it done "under the table" so to speak from a meineke dealer. I just paid them outright to do it instead of paying the company... Does anyone know what the measurements of the stock exhaust is? The magnaflow is a 2.5" pipe. Magnaflow doesn't have a dyno sheet posted so I am curious if their are any gains whatsoever, or if that won't happen until a new downpipe is installed. By the way here is the place I ordered it from.
http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=16609

Its a way better deal then ordering from a local dealer, at least the one around here wanted over $800 to order and install.

I to had to have an extra hanger on my exhaust to keep it from smacking and knocking. Its worth doing and doesnt cost that much.

Well i just called magnaflow for dyno specs on this exhaust. They said your looking at 8-10 hp gain through out the powerband, and 12-15 ft of torque through out the band as well. I mainly got this for the better sound, but for these gains its worth it. My exhaust will be in on thursday, and be installed on monday ill let you all konw what i think of it.

Wow... they even have sound clips on that page... What a beautiful sound...

I'm jealous... Just spent mucho bucks on the backyard & a fence... No money for exhaust. :(

kartboys are one option and bending the towhook was the other option that showed 85-90% positive results.

Well got my exhaust installed today. It deff helps give the car a very nice deep sound, but it is about only as loud as stock. All it really does is give it a nice deep growl instead of making it sound like a vacume. Overall im happy with the exhaust. I do notice the car pull a little stronger, and deff a sound improvement. Worth the 510 bucks i think.

Im wondering how it would sound with the cpe intake installed as well. Thats my next mod ill end up getting, and can relay information then.

tyrellebo said:
Can we see some pics of the exhaust installed?

Yea ill need to buy a disoposable camera and get some, but the tips dont stick out or anything. Just come strait up to the holes. But its just nice to get a sound that represents more what you got in the car. I mean the car was quiter then most 150hp family sadans. And i do find i notice the hp and torque gains that magnaflow claimed when i called them up. Deff pulls a bit stronger.

non speed 6 lost hp on dyno. It was a worth wild sound only mod for the price paid depending where you got it. AFAIK speed 6 is still unknown.

Back