New love for Auto Folding Mirrors

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
This may be a "well, no-duh" comment, but I'll risk it....

Here in AZ never really had the need/desire for the auto-folding mirrors to be enabled when turning the ignition off. Then it hit me, how many of us (like maybe ALL) hit the remote door lock more than once to hear the horn beep to make we didn't forget to lock the doors). Well, with the auto-folding mirrors enable all you have to do is look to see if they're folded. - Bamm, and Bob's your uncle.

I don't have the advanced smart key on mine but I suppose with the auto lock walk away that comes with this feature, the mirrors would fold after the delay has expired and the doors auto locked?

I don't have the advanced smart key on mine but I suppose with the auto lock walk away that comes with this feature, the mirrors would fold after the delay has expired and the doors auto locked?
Exactly. Auto-lock also folds the mirrors. But remote start unfolds them for some reason.

Yup, and I'm the type that will need to check 3 hrs later, so now it's just visual.

I also have a narrow garage, so that few inches of room helps.

Dreading the day they possibly jam.

I might be overly paranoid or pessimistic but I view this as just something else that can malfunction or break. My other car has this and I disable it.
Just like anything else... Do you avoid the A/C in the Summer? If you don't use it, it won't go out.

I live in S. Florida, so the AC is on 95% of the time 😄. Folding mirrors are not a necessity to me. And if I don’t use them then that’s one less thing to worry about.

It’s obvious from this thread that many people find them useful. I’m not negating that.

I might be overly paranoid or pessimistic but I view this as just something else that can malfunction or break. My other car has this and I disable it.
Power windows, power seats, power steering, power lift gate, electronic fan speed switch, wear and tear on the USB ports........should I go on?

Power windows, power seats, power steering, power lift gate, electronic fan speed switch, wear and tear on the USB ports........should I go on?
I don’t adjust most of these things every time I drive the car and when I do, I don’t have a choice but to use them. If the folding mirrors are activated, they open and close every time you drive the car.

I’ve had the memory seat settings go out on another car. The AC compressor on a couple other cars. My CX-5 seems to have something stuck so that it is always letting in outside air on the driver’s side.

I’m just saying I’d rather have one less thing to malfunction.

Like you I also like the visual indication that the doors locked. And with many narrow side streets here in Chicago they can be a real lifesaver. But they can be problematic in colder climates and I turn them off from December through March just to play it safe.

Back