New intake manifold for FS-DE

Big Eldorado

:
Protege es 2002
Hey forum guys.
Anyone know if the protege garage intake manifold for the FS-DE is worth the 400$$?
they seem to have only run it on the MSP but it seems like a good bolt-on for all FS-DEs
im not running a turbo but do have;
headers, cold air intake, MP3 ecu, catback.
i want to get a better intake manifold with the FS-ZE cams, but not sure if i should get a junkyard 626 manifold or just go new from protege garage.

Thanks guys.

Unless you are going turbo it really isn't a good mod. Its basically the 626 manifold. The manifold will make you lose a lot of low end torque for a little top end. For 400 bucks the split second afc will do more, and give you better mileage!

The reason why it's not a good mod for N/A Protege and even for a turbo'd Protege with low boost, is because, like Steve said, its basically a 626 manifold which eliminates ViCS (Variable intake charge system). You will lose not a lot but A LOT of low end torque. If you really want to do something with your intake manifold, just do port & polish. You'll see some results there.

A Fuel Pressure Regulator does absolute bumpkis for a non-turbo engine. You might as well just go with a piggyback like the Split Second AFC.

idk... maybe the dyno proves wrong on the manifold... but i have had the 626 on my car for..... almost 2 years... and it has torque from hell at 12 psi.....

the 626 is a waste of money! ive run both a ported and polished stock with the vtcs removed and the 626. the 626 is garbage, it also comes with the occasional cold start issues to where the car actually dies and has trouble starting again. after switching back to the stocker the problems went away, i have power throughout the whole rpm range.

Back