New Here From Va

Well the kits are damn expensive & power isn't all that great, but I altered the kit & added some things to make the car perform to my needs. I really don't want to get any discussion on superchargers, because it has been done too many times. So with that said supercharged rotaries are not for everyone, but I do love mine. When I finish my turbo RX i plan on maybe trying a centrifugal style. For anyone reading this, My intentions are not high power for the supercharged projects, but just to say I did it. I have plenty of time & am in no rush to produce these cars so in time I will post as I build them. Thanks for the compliments.

Understandable, that's what I figured. That's what I've heard is it really depends on if it meets the owners needs or not. I'm finishing up my Turbo rebuild and swap into my GXL and once that's done I'm going to get the money little by little for a supercharger swap.

But anyways, what's going to be used in the turbo RX? Big power plans?

The motor in the blue car was built at Rotary Performance in Garland, Tx many years ago. As for the turbo project I have gathered a few things so far. I picked up a Master Power GT45, four Marren 1600cc injectors, Aeromotive A1000 pump & regulator, Aeromotive 100 micron filter, a bunch of SS line & fittings, a large FMIC & some IC piping. The idea is to pull the supercharged motor & set up from the blue car & put that set up in my 1988 SE. Build the turbo motor for the widebody car. I will be sure of what is going on in the next few months.

rotary performance is now rx7.com. good shop. i have been wanting to go out to alamo rotary, but they are expensive. the builder there is supposed to be a rotary genius.

I forgot the name change. Is Ari still there? I have heard good things about Alamo

i believe it is all the same staff there still.

alamo built an rx8 for a guy who lives near me. the work looked great, but it only came out to 250 at the wheels with turbo, fuel system, stand-alone, meth, and exhaust. it always seemed to radiate ridiculous heat, even with the hood closed.

i have heard that they don't handle turbo as well as a superchargers though, so it's probably not alamo's fault.

The Renesis motors just don't seem to do to well with turbos especially considering they have 10:1 compression rotors. If someone were gonna build one the smartest thing to do would be to put 8.5:1 or 9:1 compression rotors in there. It's why you see so many guys that have high horsepower RX-8s though are using 13B REWs or 20Bs, alot easier to make power.

Well remember that the Renesis motor is still a baby compared to the likes of the 13b & 20b in the aftermarket world. The older rotary engines have been proven, I think in time the Renesis needs more time for R&D.

alamo built an rx8 for a guy who lives near me. the work looked great, but it only came out to 250 at the wheels with turbo, fuel system, stand-alone, meth, and exhaust.

254 at the wheels is not good at all. There are plenty of guys making 300+ RWHP (not that much I know) and more than a few in the 400 HP neighborhood. With that said, RotorDad is right that it is going to take a bunch of R&D to get them anywhere near the 13b (may never happen). RB just came out with a porting template that claims 254 WHP with some bolt ons and a tune from from them. Not too shabby if you ask me. there are a fe people just starting to experiment with upgrading the internals and using a little more boost. Their results should be interesting.

regarding TC vs. SC. Right now the TC systems are a bit ahead in overall power, but there are a few heavily modded SC folks who are nipping right at their heals. the main problem with SC (and TC for that matter) is a lack of options/support. many 8 owners are learning to tune their own cars, because there are not that many shops/turners who are willing to do it.

i would buy one and keep it bone stock. they handle great but lack in the power department and the after market is expensive. they are alright bone stock though.

[OT]What happened to the tires on the MS6? Those look about 3-4 sizes too small! And... 2002 MS6?[/OT]

^ Fixed the year, it's an 2006 MS6. As for the tires those in the pics were 225/35-18's Toyo Proxes 4, now we have 225/40-18's Yokohama's. Oh & the car is sitting on a small hill creating a wheel gap.

Last edited:
Back