New CX-9 bad brakes

gibwej

:
2011 CX-9
Hey everyone!

Picked up my new CX-9 about a week ago. FWD Touring. Pretty happy with it other than the brakes were pulsating like crazy. Dropped it off this morning to get looked at. I asked that the rotors be replaced and not cut. The service manager looked at me like I had 3 heads! Is this out of line? The car is less than a week old!

Thanks

Never test drive the one I actually bought. Picked it up this afternoon. Dealer replaced the rotors. Still don't understand why they would expect it was ok to cut the rotors on a brand new car. Thanks for your responses.

39K miles still on original pads and rotors.
No pulsating.
Last oil change and inspection. Mazda mechanic rated my brakes as in "good" condition.

I follow break-in procedure to the letters.... I always do with all my vehicles I owned.

... I asked that the rotors be replaced and not cut. The service manager looked at me like I had 3 heads! Is this out of line? The car is less than a week old!

Thanks

Way to stick to your guns, gibwej. Don't know why they would offer to cut and not replace a warranty item since it's no loss to the dealership. Anyway, it's good that they did the right thing. Have fun with your new ride!

Back