New CX-5 Headunit Master Thread

You can swap to a perfect plug&play headunit running android. Dual core processor, mirrorlink capability, capacitive screen and the best... It has the OEM options for lights/doors/wipers included. It uses as well the usb and aux on the console and a second usb could be routed to the area of the lighter below the air confitioner.... More info...stay tuned

You can swap to a perfect plug&play headunit running android. Dual core processor, mirrorlink capability, capacitive screen and the best... It has the OEM options for lights/doors/wipers included. It uses as well the usb and aux on the console and a second usb could be routed to the area of the lighter below the air confitioner.... More info...stay tuned

I don't understand... ikerg, are you saying you've found an aftermarket head unit for the CX-5 that maintains the OEM controls and aux ins?

Yea, I haven't found a head unit that will let you hook into the USB/AUX input in the center console... Its a plug specifically for the OEM Head units... I'm gonna do some fabricating next weekend. Not this one, but the next. I will let you all know what I come up with. I highly doubt I can figure it out. But unless someone else has an idea.... All I want is to be able to use the USB input... even if it's just for charging... We'll see.

I have not taken the car apart to look but, does the wire that goes to the USB and aux port split and go to each plug? Does anyone have a picture of what the connector looks like on the end closest to the AUX and USB plugs?

Last edited:
I have not taken the car apart to look but, does the wire that goes to the USB and aux port split and go to each plug? Does anyone have a picture of what the connector looks like on the end closest to the AUX and USB plugs?
Here are a few pics from another thread I did on removing the trim. It terminates into on plug for the USB and the AUX port.

IMG_0836_zps01e51830.jpg

IMG_0839_zps13fba85b.jpg

I don't understand... ikerg, are you saying you've found an aftermarket head unit for the CX-5 that maintains the OEM controls and aux ins?

Yes.I found it.
http://www.clubmazdacx5.com/attachments/imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1368380536-682581-jpg.1815/

The image above corresponds with the WinCE based model. Manufacturer is going to release in a few weeks the Android Based model (Dual Core+Capacitive+2.3.4 Android+Mirrorlink)

Check out this thread:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Just-a-dream&p=6162934&viewfull=1#post6162934

Any update on this ? just waiting few days for my cx5 and I really would like mirroring and I'm ready to shell out some cash.
I don't know if i want to lose the nav but .. i'm ok with it if i can get mirroring.
Although I'm also thinking of getting a 7''.

I am in contact with manufacturer. Now they have started the production trials. In these fist units set the mirroring capability is not available, as they have been faced with some technical problems trying to mirorring wirelessly. They decided to go to a stable mirroring by cable, so they will implement it on the next production phase.
I need to know how many people will be interested on this product to encourage manufacturer to release soon the product.
I think it could cost about 500usd

Is compatible with bose/non bose
Cmpatible with wipers/lights/ options
2 USB ports (one for the armrest and the other to be placed adjacent to the front cigarette lighter.
Android based.
Capacitive 7inch screen
Dual core
I am waiting them in order to ask for a sample/production unit in ord to do some trials.

You will replace your tomtom with other android based tomtom (or garmin, or... Any you want) with a lot of functonalities.
You can always sell it to anyone with touring

I am in contact with manufacturer. Now they have started the production trials. In these fist units set the mirroring capability is not available, as they have been faced with some technical problems trying to mirorring wirelessly. They decided to go to a stable mirroring by cable, so they will implement it on the next production phase.
I need to know how many people will be interested on this product to encourage manufacturer to release soon the product.
I think it could cost about 500usd

Is compatible with bose/non bose
Cmpatible with wipers/lights/ options
2 USB ports (one for the armrest and the other to be placed adjacent to the front cigarette lighter.
Android based.
Capacitive 7inch screen
Dual core
I am waiting them in order to ask for a sample/production unit in ord to do some trials.

I'm interested in these. please keep up posted. maybe start a new thread with info/updates.

Back