New Clutch

mazdaspeedpower

Contributor
:
2003.5 Titanium MSP
well, I got the speed back after nearly three weeks of waiting. Dealer was great about everything. Originally it was all my fault, destroyed clutch, 1600 cdn to get repaired(ne clutch, machine flywheel plus labour)..then the found out the LSD broke too, labour covered, only 800 for new clutch, machine flywheel(and labour to machine flywheel). The dealer got me my spec stage 3 hyrbid clutch...first thing he says to me is 'You're gonna have a stong leg"...I laugh...get in car...wow, what a ******* day and night difference...no more spinning clutch/clutch slippage....I can launch...I can shift...I can drive again. Drove her real nice for 200km/s right after getting her...lots of simple easy clutch work in the city, then started getting a little less nice....no full out hardcore stuff but a bit harder...and she loved it..******* awesome, ******* awesome. I highly recomend upgrading the clutch..the car feels like a performer..for real. Like it feels like it should have stock. I love my car even more now....now to get those many stock parts installed..mwuahahahaha. Lets see if this clutch can do what it says. You'll all get updated when I'm done my little project...this car is the reason I bought myself a 96 cavalier...something to drive while the speed parks here and there to get things done...mwuahahahaha. Now with a good clutch I don't have to be so afraid about my power...deal accidentally dropped some welds on the LSD for me :D...lmao. What a cool dealer I have.

I know...I've always felt really lucky that my dealer is so cool. Most are not. I think it helps that I direct a lot of customers to them and speak so highly of them. They said they get atleast one person a month come in and inquire about a car mentioning my name...lol...I'm like a secret salesmen.lol.

so what was the total bill for cluch/flywheel machining/install?

did you break in your clutch correctly? Because i swear, about 70% of people that don't follow Specs guidelines will end up with trouble.

I sell tons of Spec clutches at work... I have yet to use one though. People seem to like them a lot.

That's a pretty aggressive setup you got.... I think I'm going with a more tame clutch when I replace mine (currently using Unorthodox Racing 6puck ceramic w/ flywheel).

I just put in a spec 3 hybrid and it slips a lot, Anyone know how to contact them about this or am i pretty much stuck with a bad clutch?

sniper9 said:
I just put in a spec 3 hybrid and it slips a lot, Anyone know how to contact them about this or am i pretty much stuck with a bad clutch?

Maybe you should call Spec before you start bashing their product....?

www.specclutch.com

no i went easy on it as per the break in process instructed. I wasnt bashing just a little annoyed...thanks for the info on how to contact them...

Back