New Car Sirius Activation?

Pipemajor

Hoot Mon!
:
Minnesota
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
I took delivery of my Sirius-equipped GT about 2.5 weeks ago and was told we got a 4 month trial subscription to Sirius/XM. I had a couple of stations dialed in then last night it 'updated' and all my station listings show as 'Unauthorized'.

Don't our cars come already activated and register the first time you turn it on? Our 2010 Camry Hybrid had no problems during it's 90 day trial offer. We did not take the subscription offer on that.

Sirius-less in MN now...

The salesman activated ours while we did the financial stuff. My wife's did cut out a few days ago, and had to call Sirius to have them send a reset signal.

You need to call and activate it.

This. I believe Mazda gives you 2 months free, and Sirius separately gives you 4 months, which needs to be called and activated. When calling, my radio ID did not work via their default automated service so I had to get a real operator involved, and she hooked me up after she created an account for me.

In Canada I had to call myself for the 6 months free promotion. They'll take all your info and set up an account, then offer you discounted packages toward the expiry of the free promotion.

Forget the online signup option - their web site does not recognize either my Sirius radio ID nor my vehicle VIN number.

I'm not sure if the service was ever activated - I took delivery during a free preview weekend by Sirius/XM because our other XM-equipped car could get the full station lineup.

Back