New bushings, no clunk, for how long?

dpmmsp

I had my car into Avante to have the rear sway bushings replaced. I had complained about the clunk during my last (also first) service and they said there was a lot of play and ordered replacements. The mechanic had said it didn't look like the originals were right for it. The car has had a clunk since I picked it up ... it was worse when it was cold.

:) I'm pleased to report the clunk is gone .... it will be interesting to find out for how long. I'm sure Newf has some comments for this. There seems to be some debate as to whether the replacement of the bushings would be covered with the extended warranty ...... anyone know???

I had new bushings installed and everything's fine, but I'm sure the clunk will eventually come back...They need to come up with a real fix...

We need a REAL solution. I posted a thread about one...but interest was low.

So far so good.

I thought I had the clunk but it turned out I had a can of tire cleaner back there. DOH!
I am quite certain so far @ 3100 miles that I do not have the clunk. Good luck...I live in Texas though so maybe the fact that it doesnt stay cold for very helps.

dpmmsp -
The two of us can put the pressure on Avante, once I eventually get the car, and I guess once I eventually get the clunk.
From what I've read, it takes cold weather to initiate the clunk, but once it starts, it doesn't matter how warm it is, it remains. I think you'll be ok through the summer.

P.S. - Avante showed me a few of your faxes re: "The Orange Rocket."
"I swear Don knew more about the Mazdaspeed then we did!"
Anyway, hopefully they give you a free oil change or something next time you go in. I said you got me hooked on the car, and pointed me to their dealership. You deserve some kind of kickback. :)

ok this clunk u guys are gettin is it chewing the tires up? I know on the Saturn Lseries the rear suspension chews the tires up and they have a Shim kit...it kinda works? is it the same problem or just a clunk?

ok good...because i have never seen Firestone tires shread like that...well they actually dont shread they sepreate...ick.

Hopefully in FL i dont have to worry about the Clunk

clunk

I highly doubt Mazda will be fixing the clunk anytime soon, hopefully I'm wrong. The clunk should come sooner or later. I'm glad mine so far with around 8500+ miles doesn't have a problem. I'm going to be getting it fixed by the guy I go to for all my custom stuff...that is when I have the problem. Mazda did the rear sway kinda funky.

Back