New and proud owner of CX-5 (UK)

speedbird1

2019 CX-5 2.2D, GT Sport, Nav + AWD
In a couple of days i will be getting my first Mazda, a CX5 GT Sports Nav +, AWD diesel, 2018 model with 14000 miles RHD
I can't wait for it arrive, after testing it I'm very impressed with it all round.
I obviously have no idea where the fuse box is located so have no idea of what fuse locations to use for fitting a dash cam. I will need a permanent live and a switch live.
Could anyone help with this please?
Thank you
Mike

Welcome to the forum.
There are threads on installation of dash cams in this forum.
You can find more info there.

My 2014 has a large fuse panel in front of the battery and another on the kick panel by the drivers left foot. I'd guess maybe by the driver's right foot for a RHD vehicle. Owners manual should have locations if one comes with the vehicle. Search the web.

Why the regret already?
I believe @speedbird1 was astutely reading into @ceric gentle inquiry of "are you committed to the purchase" as an "uh-oh, I'm about to find out what kind of headache I just got myself into" 😁

Some folks are about to tell Mr. Speedbird1 about diesel problems such as blown head gaskets etc.

@speedbird1 , I don't have time at the moment to type more but I've got about 50,000 trouble free miles on my North American 2019 2.2 diesel and love it very much.

Incidentally, have you ever made the speedbird1/2 trip?

@HyFlyer
you Sir are spot on with the explanation above, it was indeed me saying 'uh-oh' have I made a mistake?
I have no worries about what could go wrong, I've had many diesels and if you drive them right, they are great.

The current, London City airport to JFK (i think) and back, Speedbirds 1 and 2, no I've not.
My Speedbird1 is a nod to the original one, Concorde G_BOAC.

I believe @speedbird1 was astutely reading into @ceric gentle inquiry of "are you committed to the purchase" as an "uh-oh, I'm about to find out what kind of headache I just got myself into" 😁

Some folks are about to tell Mr. Speedbird1 about diesel problems such as blown head gaskets etc.

@speedbird1 , I don't have time at the moment to type more but I've got about 50,000 trouble free miles on my North American 2019 2.2 diesel and love it very much.

Incidentally, have you ever made the speedbird1/2 trip?
Yeah, I too would put money on diesel dire warnings to follow to be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, there is some chance the installation of the dash cam will flash a variety of warnings / codes relating to electronics malfunctions akin to a bad battery situation. It seems there are a fair number of reports along these lines with DIY aftermarket installs of cameras, amps, etc. The proof is in the pudding.

Back