New 2022 CX-5 Signature Turbo

What springs did you find for a 22 turbo that are only 1.75" drop?

It was an adjustable coilover option I went with. A few companies make them for the 2022 CX-5.

FWIW, I liked the CorkSport springs for the cost, but it required some tweaks to the suspension (cutting bushings) to use them and went a bit lower than I wanted. This was a good bit more money, but I still have the original suspension components intact I can swap back in if I want, and I can vary the drop from about 1.5" to 3.5" as well as adjust the shocks with a simple click.

It was an adjustable coilover option I went with. A few companies make them for the 2022 CX-5.

FWIW, I liked the CorkSport springs for the cost, but it required some tweaks to the suspension (cutting bushings) to use them and went a bit lower than I wanted. This was a good bit more money, but I still have the original suspension components intact I can swap back in if I want, and I can vary the drop from about 1.5" to 3.5" as well as adjust the shocks with a simple click.
Who did you go with for coilover? I've been leary of coilovers because I know many of the companies make cheap sets with poorly matched valving to springs and poor sprung rates as well as just crappy overall longterm quality. A red flag is usually anything less than $1k can be questionable.

Who did you go with for coilover? I've been leary of coilovers because I know many of the companies make cheap sets with poorly matched valving to springs and poor sprung rates as well as just crappy overall longterm quality. A red flag is usually anything less than $1k can be questionable.

I wanted to go with BC Racing, but at the time they were showing 2-3 months out so I put in a lot of research, wrote to several companies, and ended up going with GodSpeed (they make rear adjustable upper control arms too BTW). They actually responded to emails in a timely fashion and folks seemed to like the quality of their product just fine for the street. Saw a side by side review of the looks of each and the GodSpeed product actually looked the better of the two (although looks can be deceiving).

Anyway, so far, so good with the choice, and the shocks are rebuildable.

I wanted to go with BC Racing, but at the time they were showing 2-3 months out so I put in a lot of research, wrote to several companies, and ended up going with GodSpeed (they make rear adjustable upper control arms too BTW). They actually responded to emails in a timely fashion and folks seemed to like the quality of their product just fine for the street. Saw a side by side review of the looks of each and the GodSpeed product actually looked the better of the two (although looks can be deceiving).

Anyway, so far, so good with the choice, and the shocks are rebuildable.
Interesting. I'm slowly sorting out tires/wheels and suspension changes for my 22 turbo. Got the Godspeed rear camber arms bought already. Heard they rust supposedly? Might do CS springs but am considering coilovers so I can be a little bit higher than the 2.1" of the CS springs. If i did CS springs though i would want to upgrade the shocks but they are on back order. Want to upgrade the rear sway as well since everything will ve torn down but not sure of one that will fit the 22??? Want to get the Enkei Gtco2 19x9 et40 but they are back ordered so it's gonna be a wait.

Interesting. I'm slowly sorting out tires/wheels and suspension changes for my 22 turbo. Got the Godspeed rear camber arms bought already. Heard they rust supposedly? Might do CS springs but am considering coilovers so I can be a little bit higher than the 2.1" of the CS springs. If i did CS springs though i would want to upgrade the shocks but they are on back order. Want to upgrade the rear sway as well since everything will ve torn down but not sure of one that will fit the 22??? Want to get the Enkei Gtco2 19x9 et40 but they are back ordered so it's gonna be a wait.

The only thing that could rust on the camber arms is the same thing that would rust on any camber arm. I plan to use a bit of anti-seize compound on the threads when I install mine. They look very well made to me.

I'm debating over the need to go with stiffer stabilizers given my springs are now stiffer. I'm pretty sure the one here from HardRace will fit the AWD rear from everything I've read.

Our Signature is properly broken in now crossing 1,000 miles in the first month of ownership. For MPG so far I've measured 27.1, 25.1, 27.9 on various fill-ups with premium fuel. The onboard system has indicated anywhere from 29.1 down to 17.5, and my current readout of 23.5 recorded on a spirited trip over the CA HWY 175 crest from Mendocino County to Lake County, mostly done using 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears in the Sport and manual modes. It's not difficult to get the higher numbers on flat highway trips but you pay for the extra performance when driving hard over hilly and twisty terrain.

Back