New 2021 CX-5 Signature, 6,600 miles left before first service?

Just drove our new cx-5 signature 2021 back home. But just realized, the SUV had 5 miles on odometer initially but it showed 6,600 miles left before first service. Is this something I have to worry about? I believe the first service is due in 7,500 miles. Am I wrong?

I’m not sure what you’re referring to with the Honda. I own a Honda Pilot with the system and it’s very “dumb” with no customization of schedules that I’ve ever heard about.

- Mark
That's the whole point. There is no customization of schedules that you need to tinker with. It just tells you when you are nearing an oil change/maintenance by learning your driving habits.

Upvote 0
That's the whole point. There is no customization of schedules that you need to tinker with. It just tells you when you are nearing an oil change/maintenance by learning your driving habits.
Well, if you leave the Mazda’s system at the default setting it does essentially the same thing as the Honda with the exception that it adds calendar time to the factors it tracks in making a maintenance interval recommendation. Not seeing how this makes the dumbed-down Honda system better. Maybe I’m missing something.

- Mark

Upvote 0
Back