Neutral Switch Connector - Where is it

Bc-386

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
I bought a new neutral safety switch because the one on my car was cut off at the sensor. I have installed the sensor but i cannot find the connector that it connects to.

I did find a black plastic connector that is mounted to the top of transmission with one screw that is located directly below the throttle body. But that black female plastic connector is hollow when i pulled it out. When i look at the workshop manual, the manual appears to call it a speedometer driven gear. That just doesn't make sense to me. How is it the speedometer driven gear, but it is a hollow connector. There are no prongs and/ a gear to be turned.

all in all, I have been chasing an electrical gremlin. Any help on what the black connector is and where my new neutral switch plugs into, would be AMAZING! ( im so frustrated )

The connector you found is the dummy switch/plug, it's for the speedo gear on non-ABS cars. The connector you are looking for runs off the same harness though, you should be able to find it or the wiring for it if it has been cut off.

Thank you sir. It might have been cut off. I'll check my donor wiring harness

Back