need trans gurus help!

95blkprobe

:
95 Blk Probe/ 02 Blk Mica P5
Im in dire need of help to get my p5 back on the road. I broke my trans case last thursday and have been having issues getting the car back together since. I pulled another trans from a probe in the junkyard and noticed it had a different fifth gear assembly in it. I took my internals and lsd out of my current trans and used the bell housing half of the probe trans with the other half of my p5 case. I was having issues getting into fifth and reverse so I thought it was just needing fluid. I installed the trans in the car and still couldn't get any fifth or reverse. After going through the gears a few times, if i let out on the clutch with the trans in neutral, it would kill the motor. I tore it back apart and the primary shaft nut had some force being pressed against it and it took way too much effort to get the shaft nut off, it ended up destroying the threads on the shaft and nut.

I then grabbed another trans that also has a broken case and used the shafts out of that trans. I assembled it all and it would shift smooth 1-4, but kinda weird going into fifth and took alot of effort going into reverse. I put it in the car tonight and the same thing happened with the motor being killed when letting out on the clutch with it in neutral, mind you, this wouldnt happen at first, but after about a min or so run time on jackstands. Im thinking the syncro for fifth gear is being pressed against the gear and getting stuck which would engage fifth always on even if I was in another gear. Any clue as to why this would happen or if this is what is really going on?

Thanks for reading this long and poor structured thread, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Charles

Back