Need some data on air conditioner performance

rodster13

Hi all,
Just got a 2008.5 GT hatch and love it.

The ambient temp just hit 95F for the first time and the AC does not get cold.

I assume something is wrong with the system but I want to know what the air temp coming from the vents should be. If anyone has measured it, please reply with AMB temp and vent air temp after the vehicle has been running for a few minutes.

After the dealer is done with it, I want to verify myself.
Cheers(cheers)

Not sure about actual temp, but I tried mine out for the first time last week when it was really hot out here in MI (for April anyway), and I remember still being warm. I chalked it up to the lack of tint and reminded myself I need to get that done this summer. I'll have to try the a/c again when it warms up.

Mine is crystal white and it's got tinted windows. Today the ambient was 75F and the cold air at idle was 45F. I guess I need to wait for a hot day to take it to the dealer.

04 m3 here....tried my ac and it didn't seem as cold as my previous vehicle 98 cavalier. Wondering if I should give it a shot of freeze.....added one can of ac to my cavalier and it was damn cold....thinking about for the m3 as well....

it takes a while for our a/c to get cold...quiet a while if you ask me. Someone did a mod on another forum for this and got there a/c to be ice cold but it seemed very complicating.

my sister's mazda6 left the dealership with non functioning AC. the lines were not properly sealed at the factory. have the dealer check it first!

Back