Need help with factory alarm

Mr_zooms

:
03 MazdaSpeed Protege Blk-Mica
my factory alarm stop working. remote does not set the alarm on. I tried swaping the battery with new one, but no luck. has anyone run into this problem before? thanks(rant)

Remote activates door locks. Door lock control module activates Alarm control module. Need more info.

yes I have stock alarm, and only got 1 remote when I bought the car. remote doesn't do anything when I push the lock or unlock or panic button. to me it seems like if I had a different remote. it stop working all of the sudden.

Last edited:
does your alarm do anything more than lock and unlock doors? Does it beep? Try changing the battery and make sure you buy the right kind...we use the skinnier battery for our stock remote...don't have the exact number but it's not 2032.

yes. I swap a new battery in, but no help. it doesn't beep. I press any button on the remote and nothing happens. not even a beep.

try reprograming it....I did a thread for the instruction a while back but if you can't find it, let me know and I will dig it out for you

let me try and look for it first. or if you would like pls send me the link. thanks

Alpinejwl said:
try reprograming it....I did a thread for the instruction a while back but if you can't find it, let me know and I will dig it out for you

thanks for the help.I followed the steps and couldn't get it to work. I took it to the dealer and saw him do the same step as it was written on your post. However, he turned off the turbo timer. I have the stock iPEX turbo timer which collided with the key turning steps. so for those people who have the same problem, please make sure turbo timer is OFF before proceding. thanks alot for the help. (headbang) (bowdown)

Back