Need help on air fuel install

ZMN BY U

:
Mazdaspeed 3 2007 silver
Today we tried to hook up the air fuel gauge to my msp. well lets say we were not succesfull i work for a honda dealership so the techs know a little bit. So we hook it up to the pink/blue wire. ground it put power to it and it just doesnt do anything. so i call mazda they tell me use the blue wire before the connector so we try that one still nothing. so we hook up a volt meter check all wires are reading good. Except the blue wire no reading at all. so we hook up the pcm tester to the computer no codes from cel. They have never seen such a thing 4 techs looked at it. No reading from the air fuel wire of the 02 sensor nothing reading it said 0.00 but the volts were between 9 and 12 good volts.
Does anyone know what might be the problem i dont think its the gauge because we get activity on the gauge from the meter when hooked to the gauge. they think the 02 is bad but if it was a cel would come on. I called apex to find out if the cel fix for thier exhaust would cause a problem but ben said no. So what to do help me out here i read the a/f post didnt help much we tried both wires but no sucess.

thanks troy

First off you are trying to connect it to the front o2 sensor right (the one before the turbo), second yes you would connect it to the blue wire before the connection. Other than that you do have the car running when testing for signal correct?

Yes to both of your questions. I see that alot of guys use the pink/blue wire also.
Could it be the 02 is bad and not sending a signal to the gauge. should i use the pin 60 under the carpet and see if that works.

I just installed mine 2 days ago and the same thing is happening. I've redone
and checked all wiring and still nothing. I checked voltages and came up with
same results. Maybe we got bad gauges? Let us know if you figure it out and
I'll do the same.

Back