need help from a local msp owner

bud_d

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
hey i just bought an orange speed and the previous owner ****** up the audio system. I need to meet up with one of you so i can see what the hell he did, and return mine to working condition. Lemme know and thanks in advance.

And yes, if you know your car stereo/speaker stuff lemme know too, i'm alright, but i have nothing to go off of so im kinda at a loss atm.

First off congrats on you purchase and welcome to the club. I might be able to help if you could post a pic. Did he mess with the trunk set up or under the dash?

bud_d said:
hey i just bought an orange speed and the previous owner ****** up the audio system. I need to meet up with one of you so i can see what the hell he did, and return mine to working condition. Lemme know and thanks in advance.

And yes, if you know your car stereo/speaker stuff lemme know too, i'm alright, but i have nothing to go off of so im kinda at a loss atm.

nah the trunk is where it's all messed up, im already getting online help, take a peek in the MSP audio forum for my posts there, i just need someone local to meet up with if i can't figure it out with the help im gettin already.

and i hope you mean welcome to the mazdaspeed club, cause i've been on the forums since '02, my previous car was an mp3 :p

oh and to who can help me, i can't really offer straight up payment, but i work for Apple so i can say, hook ya up with some of my discounts on ipods or computers, it'd be nice if someone had access to a heated garage too.

thanks!

I can also give you a hand if needed. Let me know if you need any assistance.

Tom(boomergt)

bud_d, do you work for the Apple Store or for Apple's offices up here? I mean up here because I'm up here for a few days...:D

/threadjack...

boomer, when you free? i have sunday and monday off, gotta date sunday day so i dunno when im free, but monday im open.

dimitrios for the store in edina

Last edited:
I think I am free all day Sunday, and after work on Monday also. Just let me know when you have some time to stop by and we can take a look at it.

Tom

Congrat bud_d on the purchase of the MSP. Did you sell the MP3 or trade it in?

What's the details on the new MSP?

-Ryan

I traded my MP3 and bought the Spicy that was sitting at downtown jag. I like it a ton, the color is amazing(orange with gold metal flakes). Other then the stereo issue, the hesitation(which will be flashed soon) and the clunk(no rev E bushings yet). Heh, but ya, all is well, can't wait til i can throw the summer rims on. Amazing how solid it feels in corners compared to my mp3, which seems strange to me but ya, kick ass!

hey, question, it doesnt look like the power lead from the battery runs directly to the amp, does it hook to that bolt underneath the mat on the floor or what? does the ground hook to the one next to it?

If I have some time tomorrow I will take a look at my setup.

hmmm, i dunno, its working now but both power leads from my battery are still not connected, so apparently it's hooked up elsewhere, oh well *shrug*.

As far as speaker settings i put O.E.M. and sub setting is 8 inch, is that what i want?

Latest posts

Back