Navigation use while vehicle in motion

wil_

so, the safety ninnys have set up the nav to not accept input while the vehicle is in motion... this is troublesome.

if while on a trip, barrelling down the interstate, we want to check and see what kind of food is at an upcoming exit, can't be done... or can it?

has anyone come up with a work around?

There's a company that makes a product called Lockpick (Coastaltech.com), but it's only available for Toyota and GM. It allows Nav input while in motion, etc. etc. There's also an IPOD lockpick which allows nearly full ipod functionality, but again, not for the Mazda.

So I guess my reply was useless, but the point is you might want to email Coastaltech and ask about a product for Mazda...

no, not worthless, it's a start... we pick up our car tomorrow, so once we get it, i'll see how much of a deal it really is, but it sure seems like it would be nice to have that functionality when driving... what about the voice recognition? does that work when driving - if i am rolling down the road & am low on fuel, can i ask the thing to find a gas station?

Yes the voice reg will work. Push the voice bottom and say gas station and the navi will display gas stations icons.

ahhh, so it does... picked up the car today & there's plenty of functionality while driving... our salesman made it sound like you had to pull over to find a gas station....

Back