NAV Unit

I purchased a GT in August and wanted the NAV unit and the DVD. The car on the lot had the dvd. I bought a OEM Mazda Nav unit and had it installed, the radio and single CD player operated, and Mazda ordered the antenna for the radio/GPS. When that arrived, Mazda tried to install and said the Bose 6 disc system made the NAV unit incompatable. I was miffed b/c I paid for the unit, the install, and the uninstall. Can anyone confirm such, and if so would anyone want a NAV unit for cheap? Thanks all. Craig

I purchased a GT in August and wanted the NAV unit and the DVD. The car on the lot had the dvd. I bought a OEM Mazda Nav unit and had it installed, the radio and single CD player operated, and Mazda ordered the antenna for the radio/GPS. When that arrived, Mazda tried to install and said the Bose 6 disc system made the NAV unit incompatable. I was miffed b/c I paid for the unit, the install, and the uninstall. Can anyone confirm such, and if so would anyone want a NAV unit for cheap? Thanks all. Craig
The whole Mazda accessories compatibility matrix is a complete mess, no question about that. Your dealer may be correct, but in a subtle, non-obvious way. However, I have both Bose and Nav and I can assure those two options work together. If by "DVD" you mean the Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) option, then for reference I do not have that, but I don't recall hearing that it's triggers any non-compatibility issues. Note that to say "DVD" is ambiguous as both the RSE and the Nav use DVDs and I think you'll agree we don't need to add any further ambiguity to the Mazda accessory compatibility matrix problem.

Note also that I have had several Mazda accessory compatibility issues (4 on 2 cars) and in each case my dealer refunded the full amounts, did any required uninstalls for free, or made it right at no further cost to me. I do have a very good dealer (Kieswetter Mazda in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada), but I personally feel that above handling should be the standard expectation considering the mess that is the laughably theoretical Mazda accessory compatibility matrix.

I have both Bose and Nav and I can assure those two options work together. If by "DVD" you mean the Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) option, then for reference I do not have that, but I don't recall hearing that it's triggers any non-compatibility issues.
BOSE, NAV, RSES work just fine together. No incompatibility here.

Thanks for your input, I'm looking for the invoices, some thing about the cd changer...maybe I would have to loose that part of the upgraded Bose package. My dealership has been pretty pathetic, and they charged for the un-install...double ouch. The NAV system while installed w/o the sat antenna was cool with the touch screen (AM and FM were the only components that worked) Other than this issue, we have been stoked with the CX-9

Back