Nav system orientation issue...Help!

So admittedly I use the built in CarPlay a lot. But sometimes it’s nice when I’m driving home to use the inbuilt Nav with the HUD directions to get around traffic etc

Brand new 2021 with barely 1500km on it.
Recently noticed that the nav orientation won’t change. On 2D, 2D N, 3D - north is always up no matter what and the screen won’t rotate with the car when you drive around.

Did a system reset last night which fixed it (but then had to out in all my settings again). Worked on the way home today and then midway I decided to use CarPlay instead.
Just got into the car again and boom, not working again...!

I don’t want to keep having to reset this everytime. First dealer service is tomorrow (first month service free) so I can bring it up but from other forums it seems like something they’ve been palming off...

@Mathiar86 Just encountered the same problem. 2021 M3H. Just affecting 2D view. Reset fixed the issue, like you said, but for me, it was setting a destination on the built-in nav that caused the problem to reappear. Again, just affecting the 2D view.

Just started searching for remedies.

Let me know if you’ve found out anything.

Upvote 0
I am having that problem on my 2023. Just did a nav update which had no effect. How do you do a system reset? My dealer tech did not know and the push nav, back, volume for 20 seconds does nothing.

Upvote 0
Settings>>System Settings>>Restore All Factory Settings

As far as I know that’s the only way to solve the orientation issue.

It of course resets all your presets/settings.

If anyone knows a better solution, please let the world know.

Upvote 0
Back