Mysterious "line" (to me) in CX-5 display. What is it?

Subject says most of it: What is the horizontal line below the music info that notes, "-06.05," has traveling dot followed by continuing blue line? I spent half an hour with the owner's manual and could find nothing about it. Photo attached, I hope. Thank you for any light that can be shed on this.

unknown display line.JPG

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that shows where you are in the broadcast relative to the live feed (meaning that what you're hearing is 6 minutes and 5 seconds behind the actual live broadcast). I think you can fast forward to the end of the blue line to "catch up". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
Ha. No kidding! Well, I guess I'm really behind current tech. (Still drive my '89 Volvo and '99 Cherokee also - no trouble figuring them out.......)
So. Sometimes when we get a cell phone call through the Mazda, with sat. radio running, it seems after the call the sat. radio, "song," resumes just where we last heard it when interrupted. Is that right too? If so, it relates to your lag behind, "live," timing. Maybe all beginning to make sense. Thank you; will be curious if there are more comments......

Upvote 0
Yep, that's what happens with Sirrius, its just like a streaming service. That's a problem i don't have to deal with in my "00 Tacoma either. Just have to pull over occasionally to flip the record to the "B" side.:)

Upvote 0
Based on my experience with other devices, I believe that the blue line indicates the status of the download buffer. I believe that the music data gets stored in a memory buffer in case of an interruption of the feed from the satellite (tunnel, tall buildings etc.). Otherwise each time the feed was interrupted you would lose your music.

Upvote 0
Thank you. This is getting interesting if not more complicated. I'm trying to see what actual use that little line is to the car's occupants.

Upvote 0
It's not really valuable info for the occupants. just "techno advice" for those who care. But, don't spend so much time watching the little blue line that you don't see the car stopping in front of you. Although the collision avoidance system should keep you safe. :oops:

Upvote 0
Back