MyMazda App will not communicate with car (where applicable)

:
ASH8
Owners may experience that the MyMazda APP cannot communicate the vehicle properly resulting in following issues.

• Remote Door Lock / Remote Door Unlock will not work.
  • Condition monitor information is not refreshed.
The reason why is the telematics communication unit (TCU) fails to communication with the MyMazda App.

The fix is an update of the software for the TCU where applicable or used.
Following models and Version Number Download file currently available from me..
MX-30 (DR)..........................10051 for EU/UK or 10019 for NA (North America)
CX-30 (DM)..........................10004 for EU/UK or 10006 for NA (North America)
Mazda 3 (BP).......................10004 for EU/UK or 10006 for NA (North America)
CX-5 (KF) (10"Screen)......10020 for EU/UK or 10023 for NA (North America)
CX-9 (TC) (10"Screen)........................................ or 10023 for NA (North America)

The update package is available via a small .kwi file (< 10Mb) you download to desktop PC.
The actual update procedure is done via a small (16GB) Fat32 USB Flash Drive which you plug into USB Port in your cars Console.
ONLY genuine Mazda files and .pdf manuals with easy-step procedures are provided with link.

If you want you Mazda Dealer to update YOU MUST Complain to your Dealer Service that you have a particular communications issue with your MyMazda App and car, plus bring your phone too to your Dealer...this is not a recall.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

YES there is now a Genuine Mazda update to TCU Software/Firmware.
Yes you can do this yourself, it is a small .kwi file of less than 10MB and easy to do, my download link comes with Genuine Factory Instructions.

FIRST Check what you already have in car first, and compare your install Version Number with the available new updated file...see above for latest download Versions.

IF your cars Version number is lower what is shown like 00010002 in say NA North America, then yes I advise you update TCU yourself or complain next service to selling Mazda Dealer, from what I have experienced this fixes communication issues with MyMazdaApp and your Cars TCU.

So, to find out what Version number is in your car right now do the following, if you want the new updated file then please Message me for the download link which includes all instructions.
IF your cars Version number is already Higher than what is listed above then obviously you can not update TCU and car will not permit any change. BTW, one can not install another countries Firmware in TCU.

HOW TO CHECK WHAT IS THE FIRMWARE VERSION NUMBER FOR YOUR MAZDA FACTORY ‘TCU’.
DO THE FOLLOWING:

ON THE COMMANDER DIAL SWITCH…

Press and Hold DOWN these 3 buttons at SAME TIME….
The Volume Knob, and
Press and Hold DOWN the Entertain PLUS Favorite buttons at the same time for 3-5 seconds
And UNTIL the ‘’Factory/Service Inspection’’ on screen appears.

''Factory/Service Inspection'' screen.
THEN Select
''Service Information''
Select
"TCU Linked Information".

See the 'TCU Software Version'

tcu-software-version-jpg.287684

The number on the right like 00010001 or 00010003 (examples only) is your Version number currently installed in car, if your number is BELOW the latest TCU Software update available for your Country and all Mazda Models listed above then you need (must have) an update to resolve connection issues with the MyMazda App* on mobile Phone and or your car.

I can supply download link for the correct Firmware update and instructions, please message reply with your Mazda Model and Year.

# Not all Mazda markets around the World use the MyMazda App or all of it's features, and no you cannot install the software or hardware to your older Mazda to use the MyMazda App and its features, the TCU MUST come with your car from the Mazda factory. Mazda detail and what version is currently in your car.

* This TCU update file for EU and UK is for the EMERGENCY CALL UNIT (TCU) inside the Telematics Communication Unit but also rectifies some known bugs associated with MyMazda App where applicable to the Model Year and Country.

Last edited:
Probably best to see your local Mazda Dealer to get the update done, but again YOU MUST Complain to your Dealer Service that you have a particular communications issue with your MyMazda App and car, plus bring your phone too to your Dealer...this is not a recall.
This was my case. I had to complain to the dealership about this issue. Although they were helpful I could tell that it's not necessarily something they like working on as I assume they need to contact Mazda Corporate. They confirmed on my phone that the app doesn't work, then the tech tried on his phone to rule out my phone as the issue. They also asked me to change my password and give them login info so they could confirm it works.

Thanks for this.

This was my case. I had to complain to the dealership about this issue. Although they were helpful I could tell that it's not necessarily something they like working on as I assume they need to contact Mazda Corporate. They confirmed on my phone that the app doesn't work, then the tech tried on his phone to rule out my phone as the issue. They also asked me to change my password and give them login info so they could confirm it works.

Thanks for this.
Unfortunately as cars become more like Computers many mechanics or 'techs' are not keen on doing software updates as many times they break things, it needs another generational change of these workers before its easy to them.

So have you checked what Version is in car now?, the ''how to check instruction'' is above.
IF your TCU Firmware number in CX-5 is below 10023 then it needs updating, I am hosting these files now and can supply privately (only) with Genuine Updates and Instructions, if you are OK with PCs you can easily update your Mazda TCU, it is easy and fast.
Message me if you wish.

Unfortunately as cars become more like Computers many mechanics or 'techs' are not keen on doing software updates as many times they break things, it needs another generational change of these workers before its easy to them.

So have you checked what Version is in car now?, the ''how to check instruction'' is above.
IF your TCU Firmware number in CX-5 is below 10023 then it needs updating, I am hosting these files now and can supply privately (only) with Genuine Updates and Instructions, if you are OK with PCs you can easily update your Mazda TCU, it is easy and fast.
Message me if you wish.
Thanks for that! Sent you a message.

EDIT: Mazda should mandate the dealers to update the TCU firmware. The commands I send through the MyMazda app are pretty much instantly done on the car now as opposed to waiting 20 seconds. You press the lock button, you wait 3 seconds and bam the doors are locked. I'm impressed. Thanks again @ASH8

IMG_5232.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for that! Sent you a message.

EDIT: Mazda should mandate the dealers to update the TCU firmware. The commands I send through the MyMazda app are pretty much instantly done on the car now as opposed to waiting 20 seconds. You press the lock button, you wait 3 seconds and bam the doors are locked. I'm impressed. Thanks again @ASH8
Great to hear, people will realize I am on both sides, Owners and Mazda.
What I post is real..
Thanks for letting others know...
Good work too mate :)

I am having the exact same issue two weeks ago and luckily I found this thread and now it makes more sense to me since my TCU version might be too low as well.
I have also sent you a message and hopefully I can upgrade the firmware to fix the problem.
Thank you.

Back