My speed3 was broken into...

What a bunch of garbage! I should have a pic up tonight. Apparently, it only took 5 seconds to break in. The thief took a screwdriver and jammed it under the driverside door handle, punched through the metal, and jammed the tool down. This apparently unlocks the car quickly. 12 cars hit on the same street. All the Mazda's had the exact same punch hole.

All they got were $25 gift cards to Qdoba and Longhorn.
I get a $500 deductible payment.

wasnt there a recall or tsb issued for this situation? i think all mazda3's and speed3's were being fixed because of the ease of breaking in. what were the other mazdas? i'm thinking all 3's?

damn sorry to hear that that buddy. my speed was broken into like 6 months ago and they broke two of my windows and took my navi and some jordens i had in the back seat. =/ and that sounds crazy how they got into the car. post pick of the damage.

The cop was like "Man, that's a nice car.. you know you really shouldn't be driving that around down here."

Cuz like..i just have so many damn cars laying around to choose from ya know?

wasnt there a recall or tsb issued for this situation? i think all mazda3's and speed3's were being fixed because of the ease of breaking in. what were the other mazdas? i'm thinking all 3's?

From this website.

it appears that a few owners of the Mazda3 have come back to their vehicles to find their valuables missing but no visible signs of breaking and entering like shattered glass or broken locks. The only clue left by thieves is a big dent in the front passenger door. Canadian website MobileMag.com got the skinny from an anonymous Mazda dealer that if one hits the passenger door hard in just the right spot it will affect the lock assembly mechanism and unlock the doors. Mystery solved.

Major suckage. Sorry to hear it - I had my sirius player and 200 CDs ripped out of my old volvo in august. Hurts hard.

Anybody remember the spoof ad in Robocop 2 where a thief hotwiring a car is strapped down and electrocuted to death by the alarm? I kinda wish Viper sold those...

haha yups thats the article. i think there was a vid on youtube too showing how to do it ><

From this website.

it appears that a few owners of the Mazda3 have come back to their vehicles to find their valuables missing but no visible signs of breaking and entering like shattered glass or broken locks. The only clue left by thieves is a big dent in the front passenger door. Canadian website MobileMag.com got the skinny from an anonymous Mazda dealer that if one hits the passenger door hard in just the right spot it will affect the lock assembly mechanism and unlock the doors. Mystery solved.

lol up to u. u can chance it. honestly, i would just get it checked anyways. getting broken into sucks. who knows maybe urs was fixed already?

The cop was like "Man, that's a nice car.. you know you really shouldn't be driving that around down here."

Cuz like..i just have so many damn cars laying around to choose from ya know?

Where did this happen? Like what is your location? We might want to avoid that area or something.

bummer. I hate thiefs. Had 2 past cars broken into for stereo stuff. Second time I had the stereo bolted in so that it couldn't be removed without removing all the trim...so they fubared my dash and stereo trying to remove it. Lesson I learned was that if a thief wants something, they will get it. Best security device I have found is Tint, and a car cover...because even though its stops nothing...most thiefs go for easier targets that attract less attention and take very little time.

What a bunch of garbage! I should have a pic up tonight. Apparently, it only took 5 seconds to break in. The thief took a screwdriver and jammed it under the driverside door handle, punched through the metal, and jammed the tool down. This apparently unlocks the car quickly. 12 cars hit on the same street. All the Mazda's had the exact same punch hole.

All they got were $25 gift cards to Qdoba and Longhorn.
I get a $500 deductible payment.

that sucks, i love Qdoba

Supposedly the "banging on the door" trick was fixed on newer Mazda3s as well as all MS3s. I think all they did was add a plate or shield to the front doors to reduce the chance of having the door locks popping, by no means, is it a cure for an inherent design flaw. Actually, this problem is quite common and affects a lot of newer cars for some reason. My brother's IS250 as well as a friend's '04 BMW 325 were broken into as well in a similar fashion as the OP. Only damage was the keyhole by the door handle, looks like all they did was jam something into the door lock cylinder and viola! the door opens. I guess it's better than getting a smashed window like the old days...

Unless you buy a used armored truck, Any Car can be broken into.

(and given an acetylene torch and enough time, the truck is not safe either.)

Back