My Impreza progress thread

Also have a cold air intake coming so look out for that update. I am going to powdercoat the pipes gold before I install it though.

1/15/09 UPDATE:

Got my windows tinted today. 20% in the front, and 5% in the rear:

BEFORE:

b3f149c7d90d.jpg

AFTER:

2c4a864227af.jpg

5b3a3e08ef2c.jpg

I'm likin' the tints. Too dark for me, cause I don't want to get pulled over but I would have gone that dark if I wasn't scared (peep)of the Five-O.

1/19/09 UPDATE:

Installed a home depot front lip, and tinted the turn signal lights set in the bumper as well as the side markers on the fenders:

027dab9a8817.jpg

2eebe644095b.jpg

I added a little JDM touch to my tail lights with some spray tint. Still desciding if I like it or not:

9ee97e925747.jpg

Painted the alternator and power steering cover gold:

ac9fbfb15e34.jpg

Painted center console and radio surround:

6c88527aea7c.jpg

don't know how I feel about the painted interior, looks like you did a great job on it though

Home Depot front lip FTMFW.....I wish I could track down the first person to come up with the idea and shake his hand

don't know how I feel about the painted interior, looks like you did a great job on it though

Home Depot front lip FTMFW.....I wish I could track down the first person to come up with the idea and shake his hand

The black and grey interior is just to plain and boring for me. I won't go to crazy with it like a lot of ricers do. I agree about the home depot lip. I would through him a parade. lol

I like the interior paint but dont go crazy and paint the doors, headliner, handles and everything else. Keep it simple and clean. Thats just my 0.02. GL with ur next mod.

1/19/09 UPDATE II:

Installed my hybrid intake tonight with the help of obsnw. I got a full cold air intake for it but was told that CAI or SRI's don't work well with the MAF on my car. So I improved the air flow on the stock intake by removing all the plastic piping and torque box. Here she is. I will eventually powdercoat the intake pipe gold:

9dd667fec8c2.jpg

Having gone down the same path before... don't bother with the engine bay. Period. If you're remotely serious about the turbo swap, it's all coming out anyway.

Spend your money on suspension upgrades now because all of that carries over, and it makes the car a lot more fun to drive.

Back