My 2017 CX5 XLD was delivered today.

nice !

yeah, what's up with the DVD video logo on the player, can you actually watch DVD's on the screen, obviously only when in Park right ?

9cc800872ddf73877fd74aa96894442b.jpg

My 2017 CX5 XD-L was delivered today

yeah, what's up with the DVD video logo on the player, can you actually watch DVD's on the screen, obviously only when in Park right ?
DVD player can play CD. And in many Asian countries I've seen people are watching TV shows and DVD's on the infotainment screen "while driving"! :) Of course that's hacked feature not from factory.

I haven't tried the DVD player with a dvd yet. CD worked lovely, sounded better than the MP3 through the phone USB jack, which sounded better than the Bluetooth... In my 2014 the DVD played in park with the picture, but only audio for the DVD (and the TV - we get about a dozen digital channels) when in drive.

Auto-hold was called "i-stop" previously. Improvements include easily turning the system on and off, even while driving; being able to easily reuse it after traveling just a few feet (previously you had to drive a bit more - like at least a hundred feet (30 meters); also the biggest difference between the two systems, i-stop turned off the engine but required you to keep your foot firmly on the brake (with a lot more pressure than actually just braking), instead now, after breaking firmly you can actually take your foot completely off of the brake pedal, it will not go until you hit the gas pedal.

Oh, and it wasn't the sub woofer that caused the air movement that shook my pants, it was the front door speakers!
I think you might have your wires crossed. Istop relates to the engine stopping when creeping in traffic etc.

The front door speakers are 9.1 inches so are quite capable of shaking your pants. See the attached pdf.

2017 Bose Speakers

The front door speakers are 9.1 inches so are quite capable of shaking your pants. See the attached pdf.
attachment.php
Here are some information from Mazda Japan website about new CX-5 Bose system translated by Google. 10-speaker Bose system in 2017 CX-5 has two 1" (25 mm) tweeters on A-pillars, two 6" (165 mm) mid-range speakers on front doors, two 5" (130 mm) mid-range speakers on rear doors. Finally a sub-woofer with 5" (130 mm) speaker is located in spare tire area. Since it says two front tweeters and two corner dash mid-range door speakers form a 2-way configuration front speaker setup, we lost two corner dash 3" mid-range speakers but the center dash 3" mid-range speakers stays for surround sound effect. The 3" speaker with red border shown in the picture is the center dash speaker, the other two 3" speakers are rear fill-in for surround sound.

Now we have conflict information of Bose system speaker sizes on 2017 CX-5 ⋯ :)

理想の「マツダサウンド」をBoseと共同開発
Enjoy the high-quality comfort of the new CX-5 with five senses.
I thought about functions and equipment that can feel usability without being caught by common sense.

Developed ideal "Mazda sound" jointly with Bose
functionality_img01_1612.ts.1612150201269930.jpg

In Mazda, "Clarity: Clear sound without distortion" "Imaging: accurately reproducing all the sounds of music from bass to treble" "Power: sound that feels heavy bass energy" is called "Bose Mazda sound "value and definition. Since this idea overlaps with the idea pursued by Bose, we collaborated with Bose from the early stages of vehicle development and realized an ideal sound system and 10 speakers for the new CX-5.

Bose sound system (AUDIOPILOT (TM) 2 + Centerpoint 2) +10 speaker
functionality_img02_1612.ts.1612150201271330.jpg

A silk dome adopted 25 mm tweeter in the front pillar to reproduce a smooth and clear high tone. This 2-way configuration with tweeter, 165 mm speaker of the front door to properly localize vocals and each instrument. A 130 mm woofer built-in base box under the luggage room floor that produces superb heavy bass.
And rear door 130mm speaker. These 10 speakers realized a balanced, clear, realistic sound that sounds like coming from any stage anywhere on the stage. We also have a Surround System Centerpoint 2 function that reproduces with a stereoscopic sound image even with a stereo sound source, and a running noise compensation system AUDIOPILOT (TM) 2.

* Built-in woofer built-in base box of Bose sound system is installed under the trunk board.
(Maker Set Option: 20 S PROACTIVE, 25 S PROACTIVE, XD PROACTIVE, 25 S L Package, XD L Package)

Those tweeter grilles actually look nice. Surprised they used Silk Dome 1-inch tweeters. I guess Mazda was listening to the forums. That OEM amp though. Surprised that little thing can power this system especially if it has 3 woofers now.

I think you might have your wires crossed. Istop relates to the engine stopping when creeping in traffic etc.

Naw... my wires are fine. They combined them. Now auto hold also acts as a brake as well as turning off the engine while braked.

Those tweeter grilles actually look nice. Surprised they used Silk Dome 1-inch tweeters. I guess Mazda was listening to the forums. That OEM amp though. Surprised that little thing can power this system especially if it has 3 woofers now.
based on Japanese article and picture, 2017 Bose has only one sub-woofer for bass. Front door 6" speakers are full-range designed as 2-way configuration with A-pillar tweeters.

Looks great in black! I'm still not a fan of the wheels. I feel like the 2017 CX-5 just needs an appropriate aftermarket wheel to set it off. I think this will happen soon enough. One of the things the Japanese do well, is wheel fitment and selection. I've seen the CX-3s roaming around in Japan and they look fantastic with aftermarket wheels.

Looks great in black! I'm still not a fan of the wheels. I feel like the 2017 CX-5 just needs an appropriate aftermarket wheel to set it off. I think this will happen soon enough. One of the things the Japanese do well, is wheel fitment and selection. I've seen the CX-3s roaming around in Japan and they look fantastic with aftermarket wheels.
The 2017's 19" Wheels are very disappointing to me also... The 17" wheels on the other hand, are nice looking.

based on Japanese article and picture, 2017 Bose has only one sub-woofer for bass. Front door 6" speakers are full-range designed as 2-way configuration with A-pillar tweeters.

You've got sound deadening already in place. You've got silk dome tweeters up front. Full range in the front doors which you can upgrade really cheap. You can actually make this thing sound decent without a complete overhaul.

2017 Bose Speakers

You've got sound deadening already in place. You've got silk dome tweeters up front. Full range in the front doors which you can upgrade really cheap. You can actually make this thing sound decent without a complete overhaul.
I agree and I like the change as speaker configuration is now better with added tweeters for high notes and sub-woofer for bass. But since Anchorman posted different specs on 2017 Bose, I was wondering which one is for US spec. If the front door speakers are 9" "woofers" like in 2016 Bose, with front corner dash 3" mid-range speakers missing there's no mid-range speakers at front corners! That would make the front listening environment out of balance! (uhm)

The wheels seem to be a bone of contention with many BUT I totally get what they were doing. If you watch the dynamic pictures on YouTube, you can see that the wheels take on the same effect as a propeller and phase backwards and forwards. It is very effective!

The 2017's 19" Wheels are very disappointing to me also... The 17" wheels on the other hand, are nice looking.

I like them but Mazda Australia does offer optional rims that look nice also. See if Mazda USA offers the same.

Back