my 1st try at fiberglass + pics

danielschweer

:
'02 protege5
finally finished my first try at fiberglassing (thats a lot of f's). what do you think? only downsides i've found so far is that it takes up most all of the trunk, which isn't really a big deal for me, i almost never have passengers, so the back seat is my trunk anyway. 2nd is no spare tire, so for that, me working at AAA comes in handy. dont think i needed two caps, but i had them from my last install, so i thought, what the hell?

SUC51333.jpg

SUC51331.jpg

SUC51330.jpg

SUC51328.jpg

Last edited:
danielschweer said:
finally finished my first try at fiberglassing (thats a lot of f's). what do you think? only downsides i've found so far is that it takes up most all of the trunk, which isn't really a big deal for me, i almost never have passengers, so the back seat is my trunk anyway. 2nd is no spare tire, so for that, me working at AAA comes in handy. dont think i needed two caps, but i had them from my last install, so i thought, what the hell?

SUC51333.jpg

SUC51331.jpg

SUC51330.jpg

SUC51328.jpg

Id pay you to make one for my car ! Nice Job

Skoozul said:
Did you use glass or the cloth fabric?

not positive what you mean by that.... most of it was done in mat, the really tight curves i used cloth because it curves better in small tight spots, then once those parts were rigid, i moved back to f/g mat for strength

That kinda what I was asking. The cloth I was talking about it is like a t-shirt material I've see a couple of people use, it's made for stuff like this.

oh, i think i know what you mean, yes i used material streched out to give it the curves, and then f/g'd on top of that, no i didnt use cloth specifically for fiberglassing, didnt really know they made that. i'll post a pic when i'm at home, i just used a really strechy cloth high in polyester, from my research cottons not really good to work with

excellent craftsmanship! Looks really nice. Although, you'd probably get better bass aiming the sub towards the rear, but I don't think that's a problem when you're running a w7! =)

sam1 said:
excellent craftsmanship! Looks really nice. Although, you'd probably get better bass aiming the sub towards the rear, but I don't think that's a problem when you're running a w7! =)

well thanks, i thought about having it rear facing, i liked this layout better aesthetically, it does just fine w6 though

Back