MY 1st Mazda & Most Likely my Last one

Int3grity

:
07 Cx-7 Liquid Platinum
Love the car Style & Handling, but hate the multiple trips I have been making to the dealer's. Notice I say Dealer's because I keep getting run arounds with the repairs.

#1 TURBO LAG

#2 CEL huge problem 1st time this came up as some of you might know they repaired the fuel neck line, I pick up the car after repairs and well half tank of gas poured out of the engine compartment. Scared me and my Fiance car was towed.

#3 Gasoline smell still present in the car as result of problem #2

#4 Gas Smell again car was detailed prob fixed

#5 CEL again not sure what they did but light was out for a while

#6 CEL I was told something with a recall and that the ECU had to be reprogramed

#7 Shocks making squeky mattress sounds was told it was dirt inside the rubber boot funny how even with the mazda tech the sound is still present so he told me to drive it and if it does not go away bring it back

#8 Shock trip in the process for 2nd time

#9 Engine belt making noise like birds chirping

#10 Power window will not work

#11 front door inner trim water when it rains comes inside the cabin (gasket replaced)

#12 And now some of the problems from above still happening like belt and shocks and now the strangest smell of something burning after this ecu flash and repairs they made once I drive and come to a stop almost like burning plastic.

AMEN FOR THE LEASE PROGRAM NOW I AM ANXIOUSTLY AWAITING WHEN IT COMES UP SO I CAN GET SOMETHING ELSE. (lol) now I have two things to look forward to dumping this car and dumping sprint.

Last edited:
Are those made in Canada or Mexico? Sure sounds like it. That's what I love even more about the P5, it made in Hiroshima, Japan know how make Japanese car, they no should maky otha pwaces. Sure sounds like lemon law action to me. They should be giving you another one (whatever good that may do) at this point. Good luck & hope the lease is up soon.

Are those made in Canada or Mexico? Sure sounds like it. That's what I love even more about the P5, it made in Hiroshima, Japan know how make Japanese car, they no should maky otha pwaces. Sure sounds like lemon law action to me. They should be giving you another one (whatever good that may do) at this point. Good luck & hope the lease is up soon.

They are built in Japan. 27k on mine no problems, no complaints, fantastic trouble free vehicle just like the other 3 Mazdas I have owned.

We've had the CEL several times as well but knowing its either the gas cap/neck issue or some other ECU issue I take the car in when I have time and don't worry about it otherwise. No major issues have occured, the dealer fixes the problems each time...reoccuring or not...and the bottom line is my wife loves her car...CEL issues or not. She even said last week, if she had to do it again, she'd buy another. Would I? Probably not but I am not the one who drives it. Of the 11k on it now, I've put MAYBE 300 miles on it. To each their own. Sorry to hear about all of the problems you've had.

Jeez, you might have more problems with your CX-7 than I do:

CEL for 5,000 KM (required new intake manifold)

Front transfer case seals leaking (replaced in May)

Front transfer case seals leaking again (its a lease, and its a slow leak, I'm not even going to bother having them fix it again-- I'll just mention it when I turn it back in)

Due to above, car stinks like burnt differential fluid after long drives

Suspension squeaks constantly

Squeak coming from the rear seat area when starting from a complete stop

Carpet worn thru near gas pedal

Gasoline smell after certain fill ups lingers for days on end

Engine makes a "bubbling/popcorn" type of sound on some days

Driver side door rattles fairly often

Driver seat squeaks when moving it forward (only forward, no other direction)

Makes a clicking sound when moving forward after putting it into drive

There are probably a few other things I've left out or forgotten... when you have this many issues it's hard to keep track.

I've had more problems with my CX-7 than all of my other vehicles combined.

One of my Honda's and one of my Acura's were built here in Canada... they were the two LEAST problematic cars I ever owned (actually, neither EVER had any problems).

Ironically the vehicles I've had the most issues with were all built in Japan (two S2000's and the CX-7).

One of my Honda's and one of my Acura's were built here in Canada... they were the two LEAST problematic cars I ever owned (actually, neither EVER had any problems).

Ironically the vehicles I've had the most issues with were all built in Japan (two S2000's and the CX-7).

I had issues with my P5 and my Nissan Sentra. Close to all the previously mentioned problems happenned with my Sentra. Although, haven't had one problem whatsoever since we bought the Mazda5...Let's keep our fingers crossed (nervous)

i second that dude who said to check the lemon laws.

i'm thinking cause its only the 1st yr of production so theres problems. comes wit any brand new model car especially since this is mazda's first time in the cuv category. if i were u guys, i would've waited for the '08 xP

We don't have a lemon law in my province... plus a lemon law requires the same fault to be unsuccessfully repaired after 3 legitimate attempts. You know how difficult it is to actually have a vehicle bought back under a lemon law?

Thankfully I did a 2 year lease. I can suffer out the last year of my lease on this POS, turn it back in, and never worry about it again.

If I had purchased, I would probably be a lot more angry. (lol2)

Yes I am well aware of the lemon law I been through that phase before with a Nissan 02 altima. However that was time consuming an the alot of days off for lawyer court crap. Besides this time around I am over the NJ lemon law miles it is something to effect of first year or 11k miles whichever comes first the it has to be the same prob 3 times in a row now one skipping over the other. Like I have said before I love the style and handling just very very disapointed in all these trips to get the probs fixed or in some cases worsten.

MAZDA hear me out next time give us consumers lighted vanity mirrors in all class models, perhaps ipod intergration built in. This might get more sales

Regardless of my issues, I will still be getting another CX7 when my lease is up in December of 08.

Issues -

-CEL at 5k miles, have yet to bring it in
-Fan to heat/cool cabin insufficient for size of car. Takes 20+ minutes to heat up on a 24F morning.
-Keyless entry has to be within 2-4 inches of the ignition or it will not recognize the key is there. Constantly flashes on me there is no key. Remote start with the keys in my pocket, it is faster to hit the brake - kill the engine - and start it up again. I take business to lunch all the time and the car is always beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep because it can't find the key that is only a foot away in my pocket. I get lots of questions on that one. Odd, I can still start the car from two feet away.
-Horrible gas mileage. Still getting 12-15MPG.
-Housing around steering column has come apart. Probably due to tech who installed remote start breaking it. Would be covered under warranty if I'd take it in and ... WAIT.
-NAV system is not as nice as the CX9 and no way to brighten it (even with the override). Most of the time during the day I can’t see it.

Naw, none of this warrants dumping the car IMO. I've really grown to love my CX7. I also bought my wife the CX9 and I wish the luxury of the 9 was in the 7. I also bought an MX5 PRHT due in January. I love this little CX7.

I'm so sorry you got such a lemon, but I completely understand your frustrations. I used to be a Subaru guy. I had over six Subarus since 2000. The last two were 2005 Legacy GT Wagon and Sedan.

My 2005 LGT Wagon door trims kept falling apart. The fan system went out. The tailgate shocks blew out. The rotors warped to the point where they needed to be turned twice, and then replaced, only to warp again. The car felt completely unsafe when trying to stop – and my wife had to drive it around with two kids in it!

My 2005 LGT Sedan had issues with hesitation, stuttering and partial surging. Tightness in the transmission when shifting (first gear became almost impossible to shift into, probably bent fork). Shifting different gears and having it almost kill or stutter. Weight distribution problems causing any kind of new springs put on the car to be 2 inch drop on one wheel more than the rest (caused by the LGT being 380 pounds heavier on that side of the car than the rest). Electrical problems where if you were at a steady speed, pressed in the clutch, the RPMS would drop to the point of where the car would nearly die, the lights would go down to dull and then back up again.

I hated the car so bad. Oh my god thinking about that piece of crap makes me mad even now. And trying to get the dealer to fix it was a nightmare. I finally told them fix it or I’m dumping BOTH cars and never coming back.

I now have two Mazdas and I will never go back to Subaru again, those cheap pieces of crap!

I know you've worked with the dealer in trying to get all of this done, but if this car is under warranty and you have made no modifications to it, it is time to get pissed off - but a controlled pissed off.

I've been in the mazda dealership where they were working on my CX7 and could not finish it and it was un-driveable. The service manager wanted to put me in a tiny Mazda 3 that I had to rent from a car rental place! It was snowing hard outside, and I wanted my AWD CX7! I was pissed. I went straight to the big boss and he grabbed a Tribute off the lot and I got home safe. These guys know I have the cash to buy cars every two years. I'm the customer and I want to be taken care of, without being an asshole about it.

What I'm getting at is - have you gone beyond the service manager? What they have done with your car is unacceptable. I would start considering an attorney and let them know that.

Infymus... how can you not see the nav system during the day? I see it perfectly... it's more than bright enough.

Infymus.... have you taken a look at another CX-7... maybe you have a bad lamp in the LCD.

I can see my screen fine except if it's in direct sunlight.

-Keyless entry has to be within 2-4 inches of the ignition or it will not recognize the key is there. Constantly flashes on me there is no key. Remote start with the keys in my pocket, it is faster to hit the brake - kill the engine - and start it up again. I take business to lunch all the time and the car is always beepbeep beepbeep beepbeep because it can't find the key that is only a foot away in my pocket. I get lots of questions on that one. Odd, I can still start the car from two feet away.

Do you have any other transmitters near your key (security cards, toll-booth passes, gas station swipes, etc)? I was having the same problems until I relocated the swipe card for my condo building... I had the two cards touching each other before, and I'd always experience exactly what you are.

Now that the CX-7 key card and my condo swipe card are separated by leather and other cards, I no longer have this issue.

Infymus.... have you taken a look at another CX-7... maybe you have a bad lamp in the LCD.

I can see my screen fine except if it's in direct sunlight.

I was just in my car in the sun and the screen was almost impossible to read. I looked at the settings and someone had turned both the contrast and the brightness all the way up. This led to a washed out look that was hard to read even when not in the sun.

I returned both settings to the middle and it was readable even in direct sunlight.

Maybe play with your settings... more is not better in this case.

Man thank god mine has been good 49 000km worry free no trips to the dealer other than oilchanges and i drive mine hard

Back