MSP vs. Prelude 96

PreFknLude_SiR said:

Stock MSP boosting 10 psi should walk a Prelude regardless of mods.. that's funny. You're saying a Prelude boosting 10 psi wouldn't kill a MSP boosting 10 psi?

no though it does sound that way... ment to sound "an msp boosting 10psi (regardless of other mods) should walk a prelude"

but i was more so reffering to his post in general being "sad"

^ LOL
it would eat it alive!

i've seen some boosted preludes.....sick s***!

Next time I go to my grandmas I'll tweak her Prelude up a bit and race the two.

Maybe if i give her a few vicodin she'll pass out on the gas pedal long enough to give a good run

well, since you already started the thread, ill just post here rather than start my own. tonight me and my buddies 328 (i think) had a go. 2 Runs both from stop to end of q/m. His Beem has the 2.8L inline six and he was saying something about it having over 200 pounds of torque stock. My mods are MBC @ 10 psi, Forge BOV (if it even makes a dif) and 94 octane with a bottle of octane booster. I had hoped my hardpipes would have arrived before the day i ended up racing, but too bad i guess. On the first run he almost immediately got a car length from his launch (rwd) and by the end of it had 1.5-2 car lengths on me. I gave my homemade ic sprayer a while to cool down my ic and then we went again, this time I hooked up alot better with the launch (not used to running 10 psi-its only for racing right now) and by the end of it I was about 1 car length behind. I think he said the beem runs 14.5 stock, does that sound about right? (1998 2-door inline six) Any idea what kind of hp I am putting down at 10 psi? any idea what kind of q/m time I would have?

non nem pas du "search"...

No, it wasn't really a walk in the park for me to beat him. It sounds about right, a 190 base hp prelude with intake exhaust against my car at ten psi matched up well with how much I beat him by.

my extremely close friend drives a worked 93 with JDM H23 (non vtec, but has these nifty butterfly valves that sound FUGGIN AWESOME) and he's got a few internals, boltons etc, and i barely pull on him, maybe by half a car, i'm stock (well i raced him before the intake and plugs), anyway to be honest i would have to say it's the gearing in that little thing, he'll punch it from 40mph in 5TH GEAR and it feels like i'm doing 60 in 3rd, it's incredible how much torque that thing has (DAM RIGHT I SAID TORQUE AND HONDA IN THE SAME SENTANCE), i love his car soo much.

Last edited:
jeffmsp said:
well, since you already started the thread, ill just post here rather than start my own. tonight me and my buddies 328 (i think) had a go. 2 Runs both from stop to end of q/m. His Beem has the 2.8L inline six and he was saying something about it having over 200 pounds of torque stock. My mods are MBC @ 10 psi, Forge BOV (if it even makes a dif) and 94 octane with a bottle of octane booster. I had hoped my hardpipes would have arrived before the day i ended up racing, but too bad i guess. On the first run he almost immediately got a car length from his launch (rwd) and by the end of it had 1.5-2 car lengths on me. I gave my homemade ic sprayer a while to cool down my ic and then we went again, this time I hooked up alot better with the launch (not used to running 10 psi-its only for racing right now) and by the end of it I was about 1 car length behind. I think he said the beem runs 14.5 stock, does that sound about right? (1998 2-door inline six) Any idea what kind of hp I am putting down at 10 psi? any idea what kind of q/m time I would have?

non nem pas du "search"...
hmm 98 is the older body.. the 98 m3 does low 14s ... i dont think the 328 is that fast

a 96 lude VTEC with intake, header and exhaust is no dog!

Last edited:
Back