MSP near stalling with battery light and abs light

speed1585

:
03 MSP spicy
Driving home from work last week i first noticed the fan speed for the AC was fluctuating a bit later the car felt like i was getting fuel cut, I then noticed all the gauges were dropping to levels at ignition off, the car began to basically stumble as if was going to stall. The cut happened regardless of gas pedal position. At first only the battery light came on, and then abs light. Barely made it home and i tried starting it later that day and battery was dead, I charged it and it started and i shut it off, 5 minutes later it was dead again so I am confident its the alternator but the symptoms or some of them make no sense. Now after i charged the battery again, i cant get it started and the alarm wont stfu so i pulled the horn fuse. The car wont even turn over now. I am going to replace the alternator but can anyone explain why the car acted like that and maybe other potential causes?

well i would test the battery at autozone or something first because a bad battery will not take a charge , and over time they only get weaker and weaker.

Well after contorting myself like a chinese gymnast to see under the dash to find the magical button for the alarm, I got it started and I then removed the positive battery cable and it died right away, so I am going with faulty alternator. I dont have a volt meter to check the output, the belts are tight and nearly brandnew condition.

I cannot think of anything else that would cause this problem. I will update when I replace alt.

Im guessing so, it was not the only lite the battery was lit no doubt, abs, AC would sort of flicker. The only logical thought I had is as the car was basically dying, the alt could not provide all the required power for all accesories or equipment

Latest posts

Back