MSP engine swap into a P5

Mazdabator

:
03 MP5
planning to swap a MSP engine into a P5, but i'm notsure if it's a straight drop or if there is wiring differences, has anybody done it to their P5 yet? lemme know thanks!

-mzbtr

there are a few differences that aren't really part of the block. If the MSP has a longer oil filter screw on thing for the oil cooler to fit. and the bearing support plate has a hole for the oil return line.

oh okay cool thanks guys, i dunno when you say same engine, that means that the MSP motor is just fast because of the turbo? so w/o the turbo it would have the same torque and HP as the stock motor?

Search and u'l find more answers.
there's been many threads on this b4.
basically what you should prob do is just get custom turbo or go oem turbo w/ upgrade parts.
cause it'll be alot cheaper and produce more ponies. than the oem one.

all depends, if the motor is cheaper and lower mileage than ur current engine, id say shooot for it, but if its got higher miles or costs more, then just boost it with msp parts and upgrades such as fmic, ecu, etc..

Oic....it's so hard to find MSP parts man...reccommend me a good site? i also don't mind checking forums but parts get sold so fast

i think pg will give u the best deal at the best quality to back it up

Back