MSP ECU swap?

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
We have all been threw the ringer with the swapping a P5 ECU into an MP3 to make it safer to run a turbo but what is the possibility of getting and MSP ECUs program into the MP3s ECU or getting the MSP computer. Obvioulsy you'd have to add the larger injectors aswell but that s a good thing I would think? Especially with the potential of fuel pump failure.

Well I gues something you can do...Is find someone w/ a Mazda Speed...and give them your ecu/do a trade..and have that person w/ the mazda speed...go in w/ the mp3 ecu..and have someone reflash it for them...

But you would need someone on the inside..and the benefit..is that no one will get in trouble!!

B/c the vin# would be there...

Its possilible, maybe a tech will do it for a discount on a TV or a set of Expensive speakers.

b/c the mp3 ecu has advanced timing...which is bad for turbo'd engines...

Terry come on!
Is this possible and benificail.
Seam like you could buy a Mazda speed ECu and basicly have a full engine management system since the next version of WDS will be very adjustable.

To my knowledge it is identical in very way except the programming.

I believe its an integrated wastegate and the car only monitors boost and does a cut off if it goes to high.

OK, you would just want to be sure. Sounds good. My probe had a integral wastegate and was controlled electronically. That was why it ran like 9 psi peak and mostly 6 psi. It was connected like how a electronic boost controller you buy connects through wastegate hose. Well atleast that is what I think the electronci controller was that is attacahed to the wastegate on the ihi turbo.

1st MP3 in NH, spoke with my Master Tech at the dealer for the long run effects of swapping MP3 to MP5 ECUs (one of them as an extra sensor) and he told me he just received the internal memo from Mazda on the differences/improvements on teh new MSP ECU.

Im meeting with him again monday to discuss. Ill let u know what he says. He's gathering info with it's trainer.

By the way, did anyone heard about the Mazda Master Tech Competition in California? I beleive that there will be a lot of "nice to know" people over there.

1st MP3 in NH said:
Terry come on!
Is this possible and benificail.
Seam like you could buy a Mazda speed ECu and basicly have a full engine management system since the next version of WDS will be very adjustable.

What's WDS?

Back