MSP down and out tonite

Konspire77

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
well today wasn't a good day for me . Got hit head on by a drunk driver on my way to work and it looks like my can may be gettin totaled . I'll find out for sure tommorow. Guess what happened was the driver ran a red light while I was making a left turn and basically plowed right into me. Lucky for me there were some nice motorists there because the stupid drunk driver tried driving away after they hit me. I'll post some pics tommorow when I see the extent of the damage.

well here are the added photo's

Attachments

• protege 3.jpg
    protege 3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Protege 2.jpg
    Protege 2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Protege1.jpg
    Protege1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 134
  • protege4.jpg
    protege4.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
what the **** are you serious im glad they stopped him. sorry about your car bro but im glad your ok,09 is a bad bad year for the msp, dont know how many have been lost sense january

sorry to hear about the car. glad to hear the perp was caught and you are alive to tell the tale.

damn another msp is down...

hopefully the mazda gods will merciful and not take more of them...(bowdown)

sorry for your loss

wow that really sucks man, glad to hear you are good to go. please tell me it wasn't a spicy.....

OH DARN! Sorry to hear about the crash, Hopefully all goes well for you, but not the drunk driver.

wasn't a spicy this time but a titanium gray. I am hoping the car isn't totalled because we weren't going that fast , or I should say I wasn't really going that fast. It happened so quick I didn't even have time to press the brakes. I was going maybe 10-15 mph turning left. The other driver was maybe going 25-30 and only had a green light to turn right and decided at the last moment to just go straight and plowed into me. From what I saw last night of the damage , to me it looked like she hit me dead center in the front and may have missed doing any frame damage because she hit me at an angle. I know my fmic is toast and my radiator looked split in half so that front end damage may be the extent. Here's hoping my mechanic can work wonders like he always does and is able to revive the car.

I would be very cautious driving any car that has been in an accident expecially a performance car with a front end collision, if the damage entered the engine bay which you said it did, chances are the car will be totaled. The ins. company isn't going to risk putting that car back on the road.
Be glad your safe

Some guy got a DUI at 2:30am, they arrested him, then he posted bail at 7:30am. he then went home and still drunk decided to drive his other car, a pristine 70 something camaro to work, still drunk. he ended up in my backyard at 9am and plowed into one of my trees. he took out my deck thats how close he was. tree was the only thing that stopped him from driving into my house. i come running outside and hes out there all bloody trying to start his car again. i jump in here and take his keys and he tried to fight me. i had to knock him senseless and tie him up till the cops got there. drunks are dicks...

Sorry to hear about your accident man. Be happy you werent hurt. Sadly I have lost a few friends over the years to drinking/driving. Hopefully everything turns out good for you car wise :)

Photo's up . I suppose the positive side to this is I can get a new car out of it . Was looking at a loaded 08 Mazda3 . Guy at dealership said I can get it for 18k with 0% finacing for 60 months which isn't took shabby.

I get slighty misty-eyed whenever pics of busted MSPs are posted. :(

Glad to hear you're OK and they caught that prick...

BTW, after reading this thread, I drove my 92 LX Protege to work today cause I just wanted to make sure my baby was safe in the driveway at home. Shifting gears was like rowing a boat...(headshake

those pics made me cringe :( glad you came out ok...but yeah, thats totalled.

Holy s***!

Very glad to hear you're okay, and that they caught the ass responsible. I hope she gets everything she deserves. As they say .. karma is a b****, and so is the law when you nail someone while you're shitfaced!

And yeah, that's totaled. If they totaled mine, and my damage didn't look quite that bad .. :(

Damn that looks pretty bad. I would say its totaled. Sorry for your loss but good to see ur okay.

Latest posts

Back