MS3 Owners: Show us your wheels

oh and while i have u answering questions
the wheels im lookin at are the gold ones, 17x8 + 48 do u kno if these will fit a p5?
im not sure if u would kno cuz ur the MS3 mod but i figured i'd ask anyways

oh and while i have u answering questions
the wheels im lookin at are the gold ones, 17x8 + 48 do u kno if these will fit a p5?
im not sure if u would kno cuz ur the MS3 mod but i figured i'd ask anyways

im not real sure, but i think 8" wide wheels might rub like crazy. I wasnt thinking about the p5 when i answered your tire question, 35 series might be a better choice than the 40.

okay well i guess i could give them a try and sell them to someone if they dont fit
thts alot of money to be spending on rims that dont fit, and i could always get my fenders rolled, so as long as it doesnt hit the strut i think i should be fine right?

okay well i guess i could give them a try and sell them to someone if they dont fit
thts alot of money to be spending on rims that dont fit, and i could always get my fenders rolled, so as long as it doesnt hit the strut i think i should be fine right?

yeah exactly. I used to have a protege, and i remember ppl having rubbing issues with a 7.5" wide tire until the fenders were rolled (assuming you are lowered). I would be afraid with an 8" wheel you might rub the interior. Its worth a shot cuz they will look good, but it would probably be worth asking someone who knows more about the p5.

I love the fender flares on that STi but i just cant stand the back of those things man....so damn ugly. It is a sweet ride tho. should be for nearly 40k. yowza

I used to have a P5 also. I put MSP Racing Harts on it and I think I ran 215/40 with no rubbing issues. It was lowered with Teins, which IIRC are a pretty aggressive drop.

edit: yeah, I just checked that size with the tire calc and it's within .3" of stock.

Last edited:
My friends:

philscar.jpg

philscar4.jpg

philscar3.jpg

philsvolks.jpg

bout time this pic was posted on here.. some of the best looking ms3's are always hiding.

oh, my apologies, i didnt see the "my friends:" before the picture.

one more question, that you may or may not be able to answer, is it painted? or is that how they come?

That is a beautiful ride. Dont quite understand his thinking behind the wider wheels in back....must like understeer. Ok guys I have my wheel choices narrowed down to 2. Help me out. OZ ultraleggeras in gold (only color in sock anywhere) or some enkei rpf1's????

Stock Rims Painted on MazdaSpeed3

$80 plus about 5 hours per tire to paint and dry.

Attachments

• Speed3.jpg
    Speed3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,240
That is a beautiful ride. Dont quite understand his thinking behind the wider wheels in back....must like understeer. Ok guys I have my wheel choices narrowed down to 2. Help me out. OZ ultraleggeras in gold (only color in sock anywhere) or some enkei rpf1's????

Yeah, you should stick to the cheapness...

Back