MS3/MS6/CX7 Flywheel and Clutch Interchange?

jeffmsp

Contributor
:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
As titles states, wondering if the parts will interchange and if there are any differences between the three. Ive tried searching and cant find the info.

If this has been asked before please send me a link and delete thread.

but for example a flywheel from a 3 will bolt up to a 6 or cx7 crank right? You just have to use the matching clutch/flywheel and you can put it on any 2.3l disi correct?

yes you can bolt them all to the crank but they won't match up to the transmissions but the engines themselves are definitely interchangeable

ok so for future reference, just use the clutch and flywheel that match you transmission and then use whatever disi motor you can find.

That certainly saved me some time and money as I was going to try the ms6 clutch and flywheel with the fwd 6spd box. thanks for the input :)

ok so for future reference, just use the clutch and flywheel that match you transmission and then use whatever disi motor you can find.

That certainly saved me some time and money as I was going to try the ms6 clutch and flywheel with the fwd 6spd box. thanks for the input :)

Making a disi powered msp?

the clutch,flywheeland pressure plate are the same in the ms3s and ms6s. so is the tranny except the ms6 tranny they add the allwheel drive peice. butt tis the same tranny. the part numbers are the same.

maybe what you were working on was pre-TSB/new style
but allmotor is right... the A26M-R is the same as the A26MX-R except it has a transfer case bolted on... so it makes the parts interchangable

they may be interchangeable but the simple fact is that the part numbers are different why else are the clutches from Spec different per car.

off the phone with mazda TheMan was right in saying that the only difference is the transfer case, but the part is the same. They whole different spec clutches is just because....

Latest posts

Back