MPI tuner?

In my shop experience here, the MPI "Perfect Power" Box has been nothing but garbage.

If you're going to tune an engine right and don't like the idea of manipulating the engine to give it more fuel and to change the timing, get a real unit like MicroTech, Haltech, etc.

i have no problem with the perfect power smt-6 unit. i have a problem with how mpi sets teh unit up and adds a turbo module.

i am running the smt-6 (along with other components) and am happy with my setup.

My MPI has been nothing but perfect. Easy to tune, passes inspection and I never have to mess with it once it is dialed in.
Not sure why some people bash it.
I know 4 others with it and it has worked just as well for them.

Last edited:
My MPI has been nothing but perfect. Easy to tune, passes inspection and I never have to mess with once it is dialed in.
Not sure why some people bash it.
I know 4 others with it and it has worked just as well for them.

you have to take into account which version you are using. nick has constantly changed the units and what i am talking about is the most recent version.

you have to take into account which version you are using. nick has constantly changed the units and what i am talking about is the most recent version.
Well mine is about a year old but Nick has always been extremely helpful to me. I will be retuning it once my new motor is in. I will add the two injectors this time around.

Well mine is about a year old but Nick has always been extremely helpful to me. I will be retuning it once my new motor is in. I will add the two injectors this time around.

on the phone, i agree, nick is extremely helpful. i spent COUNTLESS hours on the phone with him trying to fix my mpi.

on the phone, i agree, nick is extremely helpful. i spent COUNTLESS hours on the phone with him trying to fix my mpi.

Man that is too bad. I have never needed help with the MPI. He has helped me out by modifying turbos and other components. I have never really needed any help with the MPI. Big Tim did assist us at the beginning but after we found our wiring mistake it was smooth sailing.
Sorry to hear about your issues. I hope to drive up to Jersey and have a steak with Nick once this car is broken in. Good luck with your MPI.
Maybe I can swing by and see Joey P to :)
Hey you are in Texas? Once this is all done (my car) maybe we could get together with the other DFW MPI users and work on your issues.

In my shop experience here, the MPI "Perfect Power" Box has been nothing but garbage.

If you're going to tune an engine right and don't like the idea of manipulating the engine to give it more fuel and to change the timing, get a real unit like MicroTech, Haltech, etc.

...or tune it my way.

Man that is too bad. I have never needed help with the MPI. He has helped me out by modifying turbos and other components. I have never really needed any help with the MPI. Big Tim did assist us at the beginning but after we found our wiring mistake it was smooth sailing.
Sorry to hear about your issues. I hope to drive up to Jersey and have a steak with Nick once this car is broken in. Good luck with your MPI.
Maybe I can swing by and see Joey P to :)
Hey you are in Texas? Once this is all done (my car) maybe we could get together with the other DFW MPI users and work on your issues.

I definitely appreciate your efforts to help. However, i finally got the mpi to work. it turned out the turbo module was screwed up. i found that i was not happy with nicks most up to date version and i switched over to dana's way. im pretty happy with the setup now.

you said you are adding the extra injectors, which ones are you going to use? blue giants? i have 2 blue giants right now and im looking to upgrade those.

I definitely appreciate your efforts to help. However, i finally got the mpi to work. it turned out the turbo module was screwed up. i found that i was not happy with nicks most up to date version and i switched over to dana's way. im pretty happy with the setup now.

you said you are adding the extra injectors, which ones are you going to use? blue giants? i have 2 blue giants right now and im looking to upgrade those.

They are blue injectors off a Cobra Mustang (I think.)
Pretty sad I don't even know the rating on them yet! LOL :p
They are new parts but I think they are for the Mustang.
I will just be glad when my motor is back from the machine shop.
It is taking about 2.5 weeks to get it done but it is a badass shop and they are reworking the head, block, coating with ceramics, dry-film and doing some other stuff.
They are also fabbing up a mount for my injectors since my pipes are from Perrin and made from aluminium.

They are blue injectors off a Cobra Mustang (I think.)
Pretty sad I don't even know the rating on them yet! LOL :p
They are new parts but I think they are for the Mustang.
I will just be glad when my motor is back from the machine shop.
It is taking about 2.5 weeks to get it done but it is a badass shop and they are reworking the head, block, coating with ceramics, dry-film and doing some other stuff.
They are also fabbing up a mount for my injectors since my pipes are from Perrin and made from aluminium.

i have the blue injectors. they are called blue giants. they are rated for 39 lb/hr. some sites say they actually flow at 42 lb/hr. i believe they are off of the 2003 ford cobra svt. i had the injectors welded onto my hiboost hardpipe right before the throttle body. i feel ya on the engine. i was supposed to put my built engine in over this past summer, however it took over 2 months to get the rods from pauter. anyways, i have the block now and it will be going in over xmas break (im up at school so no other time is possible). i also got headwork done, i will be ceramic coating everything, and i had the shop coat the pistons as well. sounds like you have a nice build! gl

Back