MPI Tuned car hits 13.56 and 108.6mph

Great numbers. :D I would suggest looking into beefier axles though, once you slap full slicks on there, your gonna bust one. Watch that stock clutch too, gonna burn that up right quick. :D

Hope to see this in the 12's soon.

MPNick said:
2.35 an 2.40

Thanks again

Later...........Nick
I suppose that's understandable with the wheel spin, but you should really turn the boost down in 1st & 2nd. I ran a 2.25 60' when my car was stock & anyone can tell you how beneficial it is to get a low 60'.

boostisgood said:
Great numbers. :D I would suggest looking into beefier axles though, once you slap full slicks on there, your gonna bust one. Watch that stock clutch too, gonna burn that up right quick. :D

Hope to see this in the 12's soon.
We cannot wait to hit the 12s, big time.

You are right on target. For now we are running stock, axles, fuel pump, clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. If and when they fail we will be looking for better parts.

We do have the AWR motor mount and HD subframe. They did make everything stiff, however I am not sure if they are to stiff. We do not get axle hop anymore but now we do have alot more wheel spin with better tires.

FWD, good power, good tires and we cannot hook well. I sound like all the other 100,000 drag race people, bla, bla, bla.

Thanks again

Later...........Nick

Geez no bulls*** calls, no friggin ricers screaming "Liar Liar Pant on Fire!", what has happened to this board?

Yeah, I bet you can get better numbers using 2stage boost controller. 12psi for 1st gear and 2nd until wheels stop spinning then swith the 2nd stage just before that.

GREATG said:
Geez no bulls*** calls, no friggin ricers screaming "Liar Liar Pant on Fire!", what has happened to this board?
Not sure how to take this?

We got video, photos, time slips, and other forum members at the track that saw Dean make his runs.

Thanks again

Later............Nick

GREATG said:
Actually with that power I would think he would have faster times, has to be because of traction

Bigg Tim said:
He didn't run a full slick today, he used those street slicks or whatever they were. If he had a full slick, that would of probably let him get into the 12's, but he didn't run the slicks because of the height of them. I have to tell ya, it was a nice looking run, if he got more traction with that run I think he would of deffinatly hit the 12's.
Slicks would make you faster, but they wouldn't take of 6/10ths of a second. Like I said in you at the dyno where you swore he'd hit 12s...we're traction limited. We can make power, but we can't use it until about 60mph.

Kooldino said:
Slicks would make you faster, but they wouldn't take of 6/10ths of a second. Like I said in you at the dyno where you swore he'd hit 12s...we're traction limited. We can make power, but we can't use it until about 60mph.
They better take 6/10ths off. Dana is right, tire will help but we still need to work a little more power out of the car and then we have the driver thing to worry about. Is Dean a 12 second driver? Maybe he is a 13 second driver in a 12 second car? Maybe I am a 13 second tuner with a 12 second driver?

Thanks again

Later.......Nick

His shop is less than 10minutes from monmouth mall. It's off of rt. 36.

Chas

SP33D said:
hey nick.. how far is your shop from the monmouth mall?

Yup go East on Rt 36 from the mall for a little while, turn right onto oceanport ave.

His shop is on the left side in the first block, small sign, it's easy to miss.

SP33D said:
hey nick.. how far is your shop from the monmouth mall?
About one good old rock and roll song from where you are now, not that new s*** that people listen to these days.

We are right off of RT36 in West Long Branch

Thanks again

Later.........Nick

In EVO world we're trappin 108mph with high 12.8-12.9 and 1.7 60'. No reason with a good launch and traction Dean couldn't hit the same. Nice results.

problem is a FWD, will NEVER see an AWD type launch. With slicks they'll still be hard pressed to break 2.0 60' times. I think with that trap speed and better traction a 13.1 is feasible...

protegeV said:
problem is a FWD, will NEVER see an AWD type launch. With slicks they'll still be hard pressed to break 2.0 60' times. I think with that trap speed and better traction a 13.1 is feasible...
I would take a 2.0 60ft time. We are far from done. The engine is still new, less then 1,000 miles on it. We will bump the boost to 20psi, Dean will drive better with more seat time, I will find more ponies from more fine tuning. If the Hondas can do it so can a Protege.

Thanks again

Later............Nick

Back