MP5T Suspension Review

BRIAN_MP5T

Banned
Contributor
:
Banned For Being A Troll
I recently upgraded the suspension on my Protege5 from Tein-SS to K-Sport.

TEIN SS $1400.00

TEIN PRO
-Survived 160,00 KM without Issue
-Almost no signs of Rust
-Easy to Setup

TEIN CON
-Steel Construction means HEAVY AS ****
I seriously did not know how heavy they were until I took the K-Sport out of the box
-Only Adjustable for Spring Height and Rebound.
-NO CAMBER PLATE (Deal Breaker) had to reuse OEM Pillow Mount and Bearing.
-Good Solid but comfortable ride.

K-SPORT Dampener $900 - $1000

K-SPORT PRO
-Lightweight Aluminum Construction
-Camber Plate on 4 Corners Included
-Threaded Shock design means universal replacement is easy
-Separate Shock/Spring height maintains full travel when running a lowered car
-Fantastic Ride

K-SPORT CON
-More deliberate setup as there are more variables possible.
Use a Micrometer or count threads to verify that the Left and Right sides are IDENTICAL before they are installed.
-Difficult to use the End links without modification in the Rear.

RANDOM-14.jpg

Struts-8.jpg

Last edited:
I dont like my Tein's they are rusty and have already been rebuilt (for the cost of almost new coilovers anyways) and they are going out. =(

I dont like my Tein's they are rusty and have already been rebuilt (for the cost of almost new coilovers anyways) and they are going out. =(

Thanks for adding to the thread.. That is exactly the conclusion I cam to with them. Replace them with the K-SPORT and you will be happy.

thanks for the input. duly noted sirs.

The camber plates: I'm not ordering Tein Camber plates - I'm getting a custom set made that'll allow a lil more flexibility in the suspension geometry. If that's not enough - I'll slot these bastards and call it a day. Being that they do not have the huge spring perches like stock struts or my Blues - means I can run a meatier tire too. now THAT is what I'm talkin about.

Hey Brian,thanks for the review,couple questions

1) what spring rate are these
2) You said:"fantastic ride" is that from a PERFORMANCE view or COMFORT...or both?
As ususal i'm trying to get the best of both worlds,I'd like something somewhat comfortable because of the wifey

Hey Brian,thanks for the review,couple questions

1) what spring rate are these
2) You said:"fantastic ride" is that from a PERFORMANCE view or COMFORT...or both?
As ususal i'm trying to get the best of both worlds,I'd like something somewhat comfortable because of the wifey

I do not know the spring rate specifically that comes by default, but they do offer various rates.

My "Fantastic Ride" is in the context of very aggressive cornering with confidence that the car will hold. I will say driving at 90% when compared to Race Track is 100%.

Able to hold the road with confidence.

It rides well over bumps as well, but is noticeable as not stock ride.

Does either Tein or K Sports have a warranty?

and

If you could do it again, would you still get Tein... or go straight for K Sports?

I am fully impressed with the K-Sport.

the replacement is simple. They use the same strut for all cars. They are screw threaded.

Back