MP3 Header issue

Keatonc

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
I bought a header off of Ebay (pretty cheap). It runs, with the engine light on, and I could not connect the first leading O2 sensor. This causes the car to idle TERRIBLY bad; it idles around 300-500 RPM and randomly injects gasoline when not pressed on gas. Is this damaging to the car? I heard a way around it like bypassing the sensor with a resistor of some sort. If I bypass it, could it hurt the engine in any way? thanks guys.

I bought a header off of Ebay (pretty cheap). It runs, with the engine light on, and I could not connect the first leading O2 sensor. This causes the car to idle TERRIBLY bad; it idles around 300-500 RPM and randomly injects gasoline when not pressed on gas. Is this damaging to the car? I heard a way around it like bypassing the sensor with a resistor of some sort. If I bypass it, could it hurt the engine in any way? thanks guys.
dude do not run that car with out the 02 sensor connected you can cause serious internal Engine problems like misfiring and spun bearings. All you have to do to fix the problem is to un tape the harness for your 02 sensor and un ravel your harness so that you have a Enough slack ive done that before and it worked fine but that was on a Honda Civic

Are you sure your not talking about the egr line?

The cel is on because there is no precat, you can fix that by puting a no fouler on the downstream o2 sensor. But the first thing you need to do is get the 1st o2 sensor hooked up before you even start it up again.

There's only 3 things you unhook. 1st o2 sensor, egr hose, and 2nd o2 sensor

is the reason that the idle is so bad is because the 1sr 02 sensor is not hooked up? I actually got it hooked up, but I was told it was fried. I will see tomorrow after I get some more help. Thanks again

How do you know it's fried? If there's no cel for it it's fine, if you did everything like you we're supposed to the only code you will get is p0421 which is for the precat that isn't there anymore and the non fouler trick will fix that.

And yes not having the first o2 sensor will cause it to idle weird

Back