Motorola MA1 Android Auto adapter

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
Got it today and is seems to be working fine. Got in and out of the car about 4 times so far. Automatically connects as soon I got in - okay, about 10 seconds. Seems seamless, though I haven't played with it to see what the easiest way for it to not connect, or disconnect the AA if you didn't want it.

You can always look on flea-bay. They're only selling for 250-300 bucks..☹️ I saw one go for $400 with a March 26 ship date. Insanity.

I managed to order one on Amazon for $89 with the same shipping date. 10 minutes later they showed as sold out again.

official product page:

target will notify an email address when back in stock:

and yeah for sale for stupid prices on ebay.

Got 2 on preorder. Both worked well initially, then one I could no longer pair with my phone - it's not that it didn't work, per se, just that when it appeared on my phone's BT as a new device nothing happened when I tapped it to pair. Going back to Bezos and will re-order when available.

To each his or her own but for me thats way too much cash to not have to plug your phone in. Maybe once the novelty wears off and its like 20 bucks I’ll be in.

To each his or her own but for me thats way too much cash to not have to plug your phone in. Maybe once the novelty wears off and its like 20 bucks I’ll be in.
LMAO! Totally agree. I think it's a little crazy how people just HATE plugging the phone in.

LMAO! Totally agree. I think it's a little crazy how people just HATE plugging the phone in.
It wouldn't be so bad if there was a good place to put the phone while plugged in. I usually end up putting it in the cup holder. If I hit it with my hand, it usually disconnects from AA and needs to be setup again. This is with multiple phones (5 since we picked up the CX-5) and a number of cables. It would be so much better if we didn't have to deal with that at all.

There are a few reasons this makes sense. As far as the money goes who cares, it's a $30000+ car, what's a few bucks for the convenience of not having to screw around with cords running around the console or plugging it in every time you get in and out of the car. Folks spend more than that for all sorts of cute stuff that adds no functionality at all.

Also the USB port for AA or Carplay doesn't put out much amperage so being able to have a separate Fast Charger plugged into the front socket for those times you need to get a fast charge but still want to use AA or CP is handy. Or you can get one of those nifty Qi modules that fit in the front storage bin and go full wireless.

It also stops your USB port from taking a beating which isn't a bad thing.

I just got mine today and am looking forward to playing around with it.

As far as the money goes who cares, it's a $30000+ car, what's a few bucks for the convenience of not having to screw around with cords running around the console or plugging it in every time you get in and out of the car. Folks spend more than that for all sorts of cute stuff that adds no functionality at all.

It also stops your USB port from taking a beating which isn't a bad thing.
Agree with not messing with the port - all my phones get wonky after less than a year of use. But, about the cost vs the price of the car..... I never bought into to that. Cost is very subjective. It would be like saying, well, I spent $400,000 on a house, I'll just pick up a $900,00 Weber grill, what's the big deal about $900 in the scheme of things. I wait until soda is $.99, I'm not paying $1.79 per liter.

But yes, my MA1 is so nice to just get in the car and it syncs

Port issues were much more of a concern before (Android anyway) switched to USB-C. These newer ports are much more robust.
As for cost, that's always relative. I spend money on .... stupid s*** all the time. (I am not implying this adapter is stupid s***. It's not. Stupid s*** just means... things I want, not need). In fact, I hate when someone says "Why would you waste money on xxx?" It's not a waste to me. And even if it was you don't know my financial situation.
I don't fault anyone for getting this at all!
Enjoy your adapters, early adopters! Heck, I might get one eventually! :D

Back